Made an appointment to get the buns a checkup for today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellexgix

Reaction score
So I finally made the appointment for a checkup for Cooper, Marley and Dexter then want to get them neutered if everythings good.
I'm extremly nervous about this, the appointments at 3:30.

All I know is that one of Marleys testicles hasnt descended and hes about 6months now, Dexter seems fine and Cooper sometimes makes a wierd breathing noice when running round at floortime so getting that checked at.

Ahh Im so nervous..

Also need to figure out how to bring three rabbits to the vet but only two carriers haha!

I took my two babies to the vet last week. We are going to get our boy neutered this Saturday and I am complete with you on being super nervous. My vet was amazing and super helpful so I trust her but there is always a chance that something can go wrong. I'm praying my little guy will be ok. :) Good luck with your bunnies. :)

So they had there checkup:)

Dexter was fine, Cooper was fine too, she checked his breathing and all was good though shes going to note it and keep an extra eye on the breathing when hes under the annestectic. Marley is cryptorchid - meaning one testicle hasnt dropped and she admitted its the first rabbit she has seen with it and it was the vet nurses first too. So shes going to chat with the other vets that work there and get back to me tomorrow about it. She said she couldnt feel it at all so its very far in.

She was really nice and great with them, plus they even told us because our house is a 'multiple animal house' then we get 10% off vet visits. And also we get 20euro of spaying the rescue cat we took in.

She went over the neutering with me and things they do to ensure the rabbit is well looked after but she did explain the risks wich made me even more nervous but i know its right for them.

Oh I also just carried Dexter in my arms till the village, then went to that vets, got a carrier as Ill need it for the neutering and then went to the other vets.

AtomicGummieBear- hope all goes well..

Mine are getting neutered tomorrow inc Marley, Im extremly nervous!
Also: What should I do AFTER the neutering to help them heal?

Hi Michelle,

It's been a while since I had mine fixed but I do remember you must keep them from jumping and make sure they don't get at their stitches. I am not a big fan of the big plastic collars thatsome Vets give. For me I'd rather have the bunnies close to me to keep an eye on them.

Also just to make sure that they eventually eat and drink.

I'm sure someone who has had their bunnies done more recently will come on and give you more advice.

Good Luck to you and your Bunnies.:sickbunny:

Susan:)

oh thank gd you told me, Cooper lives in a big cage with plenty of floors to jump, so I'll make a small cage to put him in for a while.
What about things in the cage like some huts I have they go on top of, would that be dangerous? I can remove them if needed.

How big of room should I give them till they heal?

What about bedding?
I usually have carbored on the floor, and then in the litter tray there yesterday news.
Would that be ok even after surgery?

Hi Michelle,

If i remember correctly mine were in their bedroom so they had the run of it but I was in their with them for the first couple of days. I think the huts would be ok as long as they aren't really high.

I think the cardboard is ok, could you give them a fleece blanket or would they chew them. All of mine have fleece, they put holes in them but don't swallow the fleece. Of course Winston pees on them every now & then. He's such a Brat but he's so cute.

Do they actually stand on the litter? I use Wood Stove Pelets (way cheaper, I pay about $6.00 for 40 pounds) and put a screen over them. I got the screens at Walmart in the Craft section.

Susan:)

All that sounds fine. If the liter were really fluffy, like CareFresh, it might not be great for post-neuter.

Wondering why carefresh isnt great? But yes they do stand on the litter, one is fullly litter trained, other is half and another doesnt use it at all!
Thanks for the info about litter, ill look into it. As im from ireland i get yesterday news from internet so can be a lil expensive so thanks :)

Unfortunetly I wont give them fleece, Cooper got very ill from eating it before , we didnt know until he was ill and examined his poo and i never risked itt with the others. so everything in there cage is safe to chew in there cage. its a pity as they go crazy for blankets!

Im off to bed, its 3:30am here, im so worried bout tomorrow i cant sleep! :p Thanks everyone, fingers crossed all will be ok

I could just imagine the fluffy bits of carefresh getting stuck to any wet spots, like a slightly leaking wound, and then the carefresh getting torn off and causing damage to the skin underneath. It wouldn't be a concern once they're healed well. A lot of us use wood stove pellets as litter because they're cheaper.

Latest posts

Back