Mad doesn't begin to cover it.......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
If you read my thread the other day about what we did that night...... you'll know about Della the lamb.

Well, today my SIL phoned and said "I found who owns that lamb!" and I said "uhh, who?" and it was her SIL's bro in law (yes, they all live around here too - we all own the town) ..... Well, that's just fine but how did he find out we had her? she told him!!!

I'm so mad - we spent over an hour catching this lamb that they gave up on and let go cause they couldn't catch her. We went through weeds and Luke is covered in poison ivy - I have some and I feel like I"m getting more. I spent like $15 on medicine at Walmart and if we don't get over it - we'll end up in the doc's for a shot. I am SO allergic!

Now, to add insult to injury...... my BIL brought this guy and took that lamb when we weren't home.... out of our sheep pen!!!!! Those sheep could have escaped! they don't know how forceful they can be and just opening our pen was rude. Then, not to even leave a note saying "hey thanks!" for Luke. That just :tantrum:

and..... we got attached to her because we sat and made sure she wasn't going to die from shock or anything that night..... I never even got a picture.....

and this isn't a show lamb...... they are raised for food.

:sad:

OMG! I can't begin to realize your frustration. But I do realize what they did was just wrong, rude, and careless.

Luke is like us with our bunnies.... with his sheep. He's very very good with them and everyone knows he can calm the wildest, and make them like big dogs! He had a lamb that laid down if he told it to, hugged him, and listened to his headset with him and actually rammed him if he didn't "share the tunes!"

He's devastated.

Wow! That is very rude of them to just barge in a take her while you are away. I can see why you are so angry!

How about offering the guy some money for the sheep :??

She's not worth much as a show lamb, she's worth more at the market right now. Thing is, she was about 3 miles from where she was kept, and lost. The guy lives just around the corner from us... The guy has his sheep at another house (I think his kids/ex wife's place). They'd long given her up. Apparently, when she hit the highway they said "Oh, well"....

She wasn't tagged so we knew she wasn't a 4-H project lamb. She didn't even have a scrapie tag - which identifies the farm she came from.

I'm more angry that we did the work of catching her and getting her calmed and cooled then this guy doesn't even say "thank you" and just comes in and takes her back out of our sheep pen......taking thechance that our sheep might escape and theyare priceless becauseLuke only has 2 show sheep tagged and registered for this year.If they get out and lost, he doesn't have a projectfor county or state fair. Topping that -BIL helped him! It's his BIL's brother....

It was not easy work chasing and catching her, either. She hurt my left hand when she jumped over my arm, split the skin on my right thumb, rammed my son (which hurts like heck when they are jumping into you) and we waded through muck, soggy field, bushes, and eventually into weeds and more muck and a nasty ditch/creek that we had to climb down into the messin the dusk, hot and humid night.. making sure she didn't go towards the highway and not even get a "thank you" ......

I know people suck but a teenage kid doesn't need to be treated that way.

Onthe "animal lover" side this sounds kinda harsh but I'll just spend money on better lambs.

oh my i understand your being mad, i would be livid too. Touchy situation with it being family but they had no right to come onto your property and take the lamb.

Wow. I can see how you're angry! I would be p'oed as well if I had been the one out there catching the lamb at night, and then they just come and take it when you're not home, off your property.....who cares that they were family...they were trespassing and should of asked, as well as saying "thank you." That's rude of them not to. Why don't you call them up and be like "I believe you have something to say to me for rescuing your lamb!?"

Maybe that'll work? I can understand if you don't want to though ;)

Emily

Well, I'll be saying something to my BIL about how that lamb cost us money and we don't plan to help anyone anymore since people are so ungrateful.

That guy isn't family - he's my bro inlaw by marriage's bro inlaw by marriage.

He's the brother of my BIL's sister's hubby.....

Latest posts

Back