Macs vs. PC's

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of computer do you have?

• MAC- macbook, macbook pro, imac, etc.

• PC- dell, toshiba, HP, gateway, sony, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jess_sully

Reaction score
I just thought it would be fun to find out.
I was a PC user for most of my life, until I saved enough money to buy a macbook. Now, I would NEVER go back. I'm a devoted apple fan. This computer is my baby! I realllllyyyyy want a new macbook- they are so sleek and beautiful.

How about everyone else? Macs or PCs?

I've never used a mac book and haven't touched a mac computer of any sort for 10 years, but I do remember that macs were very sturdy, stable and reliable at school.

I have a homemade PC, an old dell laptop and an old sony laptop, and hate all three :p.

PC here...but we used to have the Commodore Amigas (non Mac & non PC) - but that was years and years and years ago. Before that - we had the Timex Sinclair...back in 1992.

Just for grins - here's a link to the Timex Sinclair -

http://oldcomputers.net/ts1000.html

and here is a picture of it. It was a big thing (to us) when we could afford the optional 16K memory pack with it!

http://oldcomputers.net/pics/ts1000.JPG

Oh wow that's neat Peg!

I remember having a commodore 64, and before that an atari or amiga thing, it was pretty old, didn't use disks of any sort - used audio sized cassette tapes. Even by the time I had it, it was very old, but we weren't very well off so I thought it was awesome.

I like my PC, HATE macbooks.

my sister has a macbook and i used it all summer, and i still hate it. it just bugs me, i really don't like the layout, and dispite what people say about you having to get used to it, i did, and i didn't like it any better.

I am going to be getting a laptop for my graduation present, i am thinking of getting a dell or sony. our desktop is a sony and it is fast and reliable

DO NOT GET A DELL.
Every single person I know (and I know well over 12) with a dell laptop have had serious issues with them. Dell makes decent desktops, but they are NOT good with laptops. Sony Viao's are good laptops, for PC's, though. That's the kind I would get if I didn't have my macbook.

Dell are good! To be honest, most Windows laptops are crap. Laptops at the moment just aren't strong enough to support Vista either. We have a very very very very old Mac laptop that I rarely use. I want a mac, I don't have my own laptop as I don't need it, I have had my own desktop PC since I was about 10. However if I go to university next September I will be asking for a macbook!

Sony Vaio are a joke. OK so they work, but you'll be paying £200 more for the big Sony Vaio sticker on the front. I'd go for a HP, or Acer higher range are quite good. Still, if you are going to have a laptop as your main system a Mac would make sense. Dell higher range laptops with XP are fantastic, just their lower range stuff isn't brilliant. Spend more than £1000 with Dell and you'll get the best computer you ever imagined. Their lower range stuff isn't as good because they make a lot of money from high-end machines.

Personally, I would get a handbuilt computer by a professional. Its a ton cheaper and you can have exactly what you want. You pick the best of the things you need and spend less on the parts that aren't that important. You'll get a better deal and something that works for you.

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

I had a Dell which I loved but I quickly outgrew.

Now I have a fujitsu T4215. It's a convertible Tablet PC and I love it.
I've used plenty of macs in my time at school, but I always prefer my PC's.

I vote PC.

I hate dells, they don't make very good computers and actually getting one ordered is a pain in the rear. Once, I ordered my computer and the shipping email told me it'd be there in two weeks, well it didn't come in a week so my mom contacted them and they told us they were having a delay so it'd be there in two weeks. Well, two weeks later the same thing happened again and said it'd be two more weeks.

So I just went to Sams Club and bought a HP and I love it so much.

Mac, Mac, and ONLY Mac!! Apple RULES!

They just work. There's none of this faffing about with anti-virus, none of this having it shut down every half an hour because it's installed another update. None of this 'do you really want to open this program?' *hit ok* 'Are you sure?' *hit ok* 'Are you REALLY sure?' :banghead None of the waiting ages for it to boot up or load a program- I have the same size RAM on here as I did on my Sony Vaio, and my old Toshiba, similar processors and it's SO much faster...

Battery life on my Macbook is far superior to my Sony Vaio, and my Macbook wasn't even new! Steve bought it last year sometime, and then sold it to me cheap when he got a new one a few months ago. It's honestly the best machine I've ever used. I guess that not everybody will love them, and they do take some getting used to. But I find that all the little things that are different from my old Windows laptop are different in a good way. iPhoto is the best application ever!!

Personally, I wouldn't buy Dell anymore either. I think that their older machines were a lot more reliable- me and all my family had one. But the newer 'Inspiron' models I've heard nothing but bad things about. My friend's motherboard has just died, just out of warranty, another friends internal wireless died, again just out of warranty... etc etc. But then they are cheap so I suppose that wins out for some people!

I think that Vista is the biggest pile of poo ever. I used to just want to throw my Sony Vaio out of the window. The internet would freeze, for no apparent reason, until I restarted. It would just shut itself down for no apparent reason. I got sooo many error messages, and there was so much wrong with it! Everyone kept telling me to go back to using Windows XP, but to me it was the principal. Why should I 'downgrade' just because the newest operating system is so rubbish? I should be able to use the newest system, and it should be better, because it's newer! That's why I switched to my Mac, and will never ever look back :)

Whew! Rant over! :D

LOL...I tried to post an answer and everything froze...how appropriate! Let's trythis again.

DO NOT GET A DELL.

I should have heeded these words last year when I purchased a Dell desktop. I've been having problems with it ever since. And we all have Dell's at work and are constantly having problems with them as well. My son - an avid Mac user - swears by his Mac and says he wouldn't go near a PC at any cost. Needless to say, he does sometimes have words of wisdom. ;)

Anyway, here's a compilation of some of those 'Mac vs. PC' television ads; I always get such a kick out of them! (The 'Mac' even reminds me of my son. :p)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgzbhEc6VVo&feature=related]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgzbhEc6VVo&feature=related[/ame]

Ohh, I LOVE those adverts! They're brilliant! We saw one in America of the cake sale- where he makes the guy take a bite out of the cake and then says '$10 million please. And you have to pay because you took a bite'

Glad there are some other Mac lovers out there...
I would never go back :D
Mouse_Chalk: I looove the "are you sure you want to open this?" part. Very... appropriate.
And yes, Vista is TERRIBLE. I have yet to see a computer less than 2gb that cam REMOTELY handle it, especially with the transparency setting on.

Am I the only one who adores Safari as well? :biggrin2:

Jess_sully wrote:
Glad there are some other Mac lovers out there...
I would never go back :D
Mouse_Chalk: I looove the "are you sure you want to open this?" part. Very... appropriate.
And yes, Vista is TERRIBLE. I have yet to see a computer less than 2gb that cam REMOTELY handle it, especially with the transparency setting on.

Am I the only one who adores Safari as well? :biggrin2:
:highfive:

Although I use Firefox. I love it!! I've used Safari and like that too, but I guess I'm just more used to the layout of Firefox!

My first and only home computer has been this vintage iMac. It is a Summer 2000 model, I bought on a close-out sale, for $799 back in November of 2000. It still serves me fairly well.

When this Mac finally gives up, I'll buy another one.

I LOVE Dell!

Everyone in my family has a Dell. And my school runs off Dells too. Alot of my friends are getting Dells now too.

I had coffee spilled on my laptop and we contacted Dell and the next day we had a box sent to us so we could ship it back to them. Two days later my laptop was returned to me completely fixed. They even replaces the worn panels and keys as well as the screen (there was nothing wrong with the screen).

I've never had a problem with mine and the service is amazing.

The only reason I'd consider a Mac now is because I refuse to use Vista! But the problem is a lot of the programs I use are not available for Mac's. People are going to argue that one with me but it's because my school creates a lot of the programs we use in our classes and they are only made for PCs, not for Macs.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Vista? :p Honestly, I can't tell the difference.

I have a Dell Inspiron something I bought kind of as an impulse last spring; I desperately needed a maptop for school, and I got my baby for under $800. I've had absolutely no problems with him [yes, him] so far, but he's still rather new, so we'll see.

Macs are definitely my favorite, though. In middle school, we were all issues iBooks for the school year, and they were a dream to work with. I desperately wanted a Mac this time around, but there's no way I could afford that. :( One day... *sigh*

Holly

Latest posts

Back