M&SMom

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

Your Private Messenger isn't working correctly. People are getting an error in delivery of it and I was asked to look into it.

Perhaps you can send me a message and I'll clear it up?

Thanks,

-Carolyn

It's not? :?I'll see what I can do about that, didn't know it wasn't working!

Something's wrong with your address. I can get your IP, but your address comes up as "M "

It's in how you registered. If you can't fix it, I can.

You try first.

-Carolyn

:?I don't know what I did wrong when registering, and I certainly don't have the know how to fix it. Sorry, lol.

Hi M&SMom,

Part of the reason why people are having a hard time PMing you is the"&" in your user name. Can you take it out and we'llsee how PMs go from there. I can email you, but others mightwish to 'whisper' something to you and I want them to have the sameability. :)

-Carolyn

Carolyn, I didn't know that we could edit our usernames!

How is that done? I think that I want to uppercase the first "M" in BunnyMommy.

I usually capitalize the "M" in yourname. Have ya noticed? Wuups. Glad tohear you like it that way.

I don't have a "Log On" screen in the way I enter the forum.I've been told that many do with a password to enter. Isthere a location in that part of the location that is entitled

FAQ Main Page?

or

Registration?

or

Password?

If not, let me know and I'll find out.

-Carolyn

Carolyn, when you register it specifically tellsyou that you cannot change your nickname. If there isn't another way ofdoing this, I can re-register and you can get rid of this account andthen it will be fixed. I don't know how to fix it other wise.

Laura,Moch, & Spice

That's crazy, isn't it that you can't edit your username. I'll checkwith the company and see how it's done. We may have to do it the wayyou described, Laura, but let's hold off until I get an answer.

Sorry BunnyMommy and M&SMom, I never registered and I don't have to login so I'm unfamiliar with the process.

More on this later.
:)

-Carolyn

Your username is your nickname. The name you useto sign up and in withon this site is what the name shows upas on the side. So my unsername and nickname are both M&Smom.

Actually, Carolyn, it's quite a common practice todisable editing the username. Most discussion board servicesdo it primarily as a security feature so that posters are notconstantly changing and posting under different aliases.

Also, it's a technical protocol that entails a whole litany of rhetoricabout setting up individual user accounts and such.

Yea, but that one person was three people, so I guess it was justsetting up new addresses all the time. Thought you could edit it andhold onto the same address.

Was hoping that at least you could edit it once.

Will look into how to edit it if you can.

Thanks for the information, BunnyMommy. I'm so glad I have you to leanon for technical advice/support. Haven't heard back about the Soundquestion. That one really stumped 'em!

:dude:

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Yea, but that one person was three people, so I guess it was just setting up new addresses all the time.
-Carolyn
Yes, that's exactly what happened. "It" was registering under different usernames.

Changing its address all the time? Yes, of course, because then it could retain its characters. :)

But some boards let you edit your username/nickname. I'll see if the techie can find a way to let us edit our names.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
But some boards let you edit your username/nickname. I'll see if the technie can find a way to let us edit our names.

-Carolyn
Yes, some boards do allow this.

No worries, HB104,

We'll figure something out. :)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back