Luthers Spoilt Life <3

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meeky242

Reaction score
Just thought I'd tell you a little about Luther, make him a blog and overload it with pictures of his day to day antics :p Only because he's gorgeous :)

This is Luther ;)

DSCF7597-1-1.jpg

And his little Bunny Butt :D

DSCF7599-1.jpg

He lives in Canberra, Australia and was born on 31/8/11. He the most gorgeous coloured Sooty Fawn his mummy had ever seen and so she just had to have him.

This is his Homemade cage but the spoilt little thing gets to roam the Balcony all day with lots of toys. The cage is there for nap time, dinner time and sleeping time so he doesn't get bitten by mosquitos and get myxomatosis since we don't have the vaccine here in Australia :) My mummy likes to keep me safe and happy.

DSCF7625.jpg

But soon he will be getting an even bigger cage made from NIC squares because his mummy loves him very much and likes to spoil him. He even gets away with nibbling her work shirt because of his adorable face.

DSCF7592-1.jpg

In return he gives him mummy baths because she loves getting bunny cuddles after a hard day at work <3

DSCF7573-1.jpg

DSCF7587-1.jpg

I will keep you updated on his mis-adventures :)

Awww, what an adorable bun! :) I look forward to seeing many picture of him. Look at that face!

Also, you're right, he has gorgeous coloring!

So after a long day of binkying around and lounging in the warmth of the sun, I got home from work :p Oh, it wasn't me lounging in the sun, nope, that was all Luthers hard work! I don't think i could even dream of dealing with such complicating matter every day like he does!

I snapped this up by quietly sneaking into my house. Pretty sure my neighbor thought i was one of two things...

1. Crazy

2. Crazy and a burglar, trying to break into my own house and steal my own stuff.

Either are entirely plausible :p

DSCF7624.jpg

After noticing i was there and trying to figure out how to break through the glass to get to me i decided not to prolong his suffering and wen outside to play.

We binky'd around for a while (do not try this if you are nonathletic in any way. Just trust me) and played hide and seek, a favorite game of his. Except i know where he hides ;) But shhh don't tell him, he thinks it's genius :rollseyes

IMG_1023.jpg

After some playtime we had some refreshers.....

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

And then taunted one of the cats a little before going off to do something else because they were boring :D

IMG_1024.jpg

Time then for a bath...on his favorite couch. Trying to sit on that couch without or before him is like telling a cat NO! It's useless, they're going to do it anyway...or even more because you said that!

IMG_1011.jpg

Then mum's turn. He never sees me shower so i suppose he thinks it's his job to make me clean haha :dunno

IMG_1032.jpg

After his big eventful day it was time to go into his cage for the night, have dinner and relax.....but not really! Luther was fairly sure he was meant to be OUTSIDE the cage not in it and silly mummy had shut the door :headsmack

IMG_1030.jpg

After fixing the cage AGAIN so he couldn't get out he decided that was enough excitement and went to sleep :yahoo:

And last but not least a picture of his View because it was really pretty :)

IMG_1034.jpg

Hi he's adorable:big kiss:. Beautiful pictures.

CanI ask why you don't keep him inside. Just my opinion but I'm not a fan of outdoor bunnies. Too many bad things can happen to them. And they get more attention (most times as indoor bunnies).

Is that a collar I see in one of the pictures? If it is does he have it on all the time. They can be very dangerous on bunnies as they can get caught on something, the bunny can be badly injured.

Looking forward to more pictures and stories of Luther.

Susan:)

He's kept on my balcony so nothing can get him there and has plenty of places to hide should something manage to try to. He does come inside but I won't bring him inside as an inside bunny till he's a bit older. I just don't trust my cats yet and I'd hate to have to leave him inside his cage all day :( Each afternoon I get homes I go outside and play with him till it's dark so he gets plenty of attention and he comes inside for a while most nights but again, my cats can't be trusted just yet till he's a bit bigger and a little less fragile :)

He does have a collar but after a lot of adjusting its fits him very snugly. There's nothing it could get caught on out there (triple checked that) and its not quite big enough to fit his front paws through without really trying hard but is however loose enough he can comfortably breath and move :) He'll most likely get the collar off one I've taken him to get microslchipped but until then I want to make sure if he gets out people will l know he's a pet not a wild bunny. :)

He is just adorable!

My Bonkers very much prefers to be outside, he just comes inside when there is food involved hehe. He has a very secluded and secure area to himself too, he is perfectly happy, he gets free roam of the laundry room but he doesnt go in there very much. As for the rest of the house, I bring him in when my father isnt home (he finds him gross :() but again, he just hops around a little and then goes back outside.
He gets LOTS of attention and love too, my brother and mother ADORE him and would never leave him unattended.
Maybe some bunnies are just happier outside? I don't think this means theyll be neglected or anything.

Luther got his new Cage!!!

The story of how it was put together.

I started off by getting "storage cubes", or NIC squares as they're more commonly known, to build him a NIC/CNC cage. I loved all the ones on here so i set out to make him one.

Of course, just to be painful, we only had one place in Australia that sold them. No no! Not Cost Co, that would be too easy. It was Bunnings Warehouse, sort of a DIY/equipment/building/gardening/house renvoation....pretty much anything you could ever need is in this place.

Easy. Found the cubes. Come in packs of 4? Thats fine just going to need atleast 7 packs of them.....at $14 each.....and some coroflute....and some cable ties.....so $110 later we had eveything.

We got home and started on it immediately. Luther was a bit interested in what was going on so tried to help by trying to eat the cable ties. :rollseyes

First stage done:

IMG_1060.jpg

We decided to expand the little loft because i may have over shot how many packets we needed to buy :p

After that i put some doors on (circled by red) and coroflute on the floor of his loft so his little feet wouldn't fall through :) There's also a door on the back but i forgot to take a photo :grumpy: Then cut off the billions of cable tie tails, made a ramp from my last two squares so he could get up to the loft and it was pretty much ready to go.

IMG_1061.jpg

Took it outside and put our flooring under it (It's the floor from an old treadmill that broke so it's really durable and non-slip!) and put all his things inside. Made a little bedding box at the back of the bottom and put carefresh in there so he has a choice where he wants to sleep. Left him in it for a night and this morning he seemed thrilled!

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1067.jpg

It was a pain in the butt but it looks amazing and its absolutely gigantic compared to his old cage! :D

Looks amazing! The only suggestion I have is to cover the ramp with something as even only occasional contact with grids/grates can be hard on their little feetsies.

Funny you should say that! I was planning to head over to my grandmothers place sometime today and make a little cover for the ramp! :D I just didnt think she'd appriciate a 11pm visit from me :rollseyes

IT'S BEEN FOREVER! I apologise! I blame it all on moving house and Christmas!

A lot has happened in the last 2 months so i thought 'd update this now were all settled in and christmas is over :twitch:

We've just moved to a new house so that the cats, luther, rats and us could have more room to breathe. Luther originally got his own room but didn't really like being in there all alone so we've moved him a round a little and he's much happier.

We've moved the rats into a smaller cage since there's not that many of them now and moved Luther into the rabbit cage they previously had. A rabbit in a rabbit cage, imagine that!

DSCF7794.jpg

We leave the cage door open so Luther has run of the Lounge/dining/kitchen area which is also tiled as a double bonus! He still has the room that was originally for him but hardly uses it so we turned it into a spare room for company. He also has a little enclosed outside courtyard that i set up for him on nice days to pay in the sun :)

DSCF7874.jpg

Lounge/dining/kitchen

DSCF7885.jpg

Enclosed outside courtyard

DSCF7714.jpg

His old room (still sleep on the bed the little bugger!)

He's also made friends with my two cats Austin and Rusta. He's not terribly fond of Austin just because he's Luther competition for Rusta (who he's sure is his girlfriend!
:rollseyes ) but he never fights with them and they all cuddle up on the couch while we watch movies :)

IMG_1582.jpg

DSCF7869.jpg

DSCF7881.jpg

Luther also got a little friend for while he's in his cage (if we have to go away). Luther really doesn't like other bunnies. After getting him neutered hoping it would help he's still not very fond of them so we decided to try him with a Cavy (Guinea Pig). We opted for an older boy as i was worried that if he lashed out while being introduced he may kill a baby and that there were so many Cavys that had been dropped at shelters and such other the past few weeks because they had grown out of their "cute stage" and wern't wanted anymore. Thus we got Trigger Happy (Named after a character in Skylanders for PS3). Plain but i think he's incredibly handsome.

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

I've never met a cavy that so cuddly and talkative. Luther took to him like a duck to water and now they just love each others company. We sectioned of a little of luthers cage so trigger happy could have some alone time if he wanted and vise versa :)

IMG_1580.jpg

And now that you've caught up on all the happenings here are a heap of Photos of Luthers cuteness!

DSCF7879.jpg

DSCF7704.jpg

DSCF7691-1.jpg

DSCF7700.jpg

DSCF7688.jpg

DSCF7686.jpg

DSCF7879.jpg

DSCF7798.jpg

Wow, there's a lot of things to update on!

1st, Luther had gotten a new friend, Guinevere, a cute little seal point dwarf lop but she had severe dental problems and went ni' nights :( We got her cremated and she's sitting on our book shelf in a gorgeous little heart shaped Urn :)

After she was gone Luther got quite depressed so we set out to find him a new girlfriend that was HOPEFULLY a little healthier and we stumbled upon our gorgeous little Morrigan. She was from a very well known breeder in Canberra. She's a little Squirrel coloured Mini-lop :3

Now, onto the photos! I had them out running about today so I took LOTS of photos :) I'll only put up a few though ;)

Snoozing in the shade :)
P1100282.jpg

Eating hay together
P1100290.jpg

Relaxing
P1100293.jpg

LOOK AT THOSE EARS!
P1100296.jpg

Fell asleep standing up because i was giving him ear scritches.
P1100303.jpg

CCUUTTEEE
P1100305.jpg

I head rustling behind me and this is what Luther did as soon as I turned around. OH NO! WHERE COULD HE BE?
P1100310.jpg

Mid run :)
P1100319.jpg

Heard the camera shutter sound and froze :p
P1100320.jpg

Posing, such a girl!
P1100321.jpg

Mid run again :p
P1100322.jpg

Hiding from the camera haha
P1100328.jpg

OM NOM NOM HAY AND GRASS!
P1100330.jpg

Trying to eat mummies plants...
P1100337.jpg

chucking a tantrum because I said no :p
P1100338.jpg

Love all the pics.

So sorry to hear about Guinevere, but glad to see you found Morrigan. Really pretty girl.

Looks like Luther found a new buddy. Glad to hear all is well.

K:)

Changed up their cage a bit. This is now the only Place they'll be as Morrigan is starting to chew EVERYTHING. so I've set this up permanantly for them :)

bec68ff2.jpg

He is adorable and this is a great blog! Keep posting so that we can see more of Luther. He is such a great bunny and I love the pictures.

Latest posts

Back