Luna & Thumper gone for surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley72

Reaction score
Today I dropped off Luna and Thumper for their spay and neuter surgery :( I just recieved the call that they are out of surgery and now in recovery and they did really well. I won't see them until tomorrow after work. So it's weird to have their cage just sitting there all empty. I took them to Greenwood Animal Hospital, and am very pleased with the knowledge of the staff!

Can't wait to have them home!

Glad everything went well. It is hard when they aren't home, but they will be so much better off after they get healed. They can stay together and be a cute pair. There's nothing so sweet as bunny love. :inlove:

So glad they came through the surgery well, that is always a relief. They will be home tomorrow, tonight they need to rest. I know the feeling of empty cages, feels awful even when you know it is only overnight.

So just called to get an update, and Luna is doing well and eating, but Thumper isn't eating so they are hand feeding him :( Hopefully he starts eating on his own. I will be picking them up at 4 pm. I am going to have some chamomile tea ready for him

He should be feeling better once you pick him up. Some bunnies take the surgery and drugs harder than others. Have some special treats ready, he could also be homesick. Let us know how he is tonight. Glad Luna came through without too much trouble.

Thanks, I have a feeling he is just missing home as well. He doesn't handle being away from home too well. I made sure to buy their fav greens and have treats ready!

So, I have them both home. Thumper still ate nothing at the vet and they had to force feed critical care. Since he's been home he has eaten one of his little alfalfa treats, a fair sized amount of hay, and is drinking. I jut gave a little bit of lettuce too, but he is still eating hay, so I'll see if he touches the lettuce at all.

Luna hasn't eaten much that I can tell, she ate one of her little treats and ate the lettuce fast when I gave it (again only a little)

So, now it's just rest rest rest unil they are healed :) Thumper seems so happy to be home! He just doesn't do well away from me. Luckily for me too their incisions are glued shut on the outside, and internal stitches!! Thank goodness, so chewing on strings!!

Glad to see Luna and Thumper home. Now that they are home, your TLC will help them get over any stress and start the healing process.

K :)

Gave their first doses of meds this morning, which I was very nervous about. Lucky for me they both like the taste of the pain meds (metacam I think), they drank it right from the syringe! However the meds for appetite and poop they did not like the banana flavor! I just squirted it on their fav treat and they ate it no prob! Luna isn't pooping too much, so hopefully the meds will help.

How are Luna & Thumper doing? Hoping all is well, and the surgery is a thing of the past for all of you.

K:)

They are doing fantastic! Both have continued to take their pain meds with ease, and are healing very nicely. They are both also eating back to their normal amounts, so I have stopped that med. Thanks so much for asking :)

They are doing fantastic! Both have continued to take their pain meds with ease, and are healing very nicely. They are both also eating back to their normal amounts, so I have stopped that med. Thanks so much for asking :)

Latest posts

Back