lump?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allydp

Reaction score
So I recently got a 5 week old bunny & I noticed today she had a lump looking thing under her chin, I couldn't tell if her fur was just mattded or if there was something growing. My dad looked at it & he said it looks like its something growing from her. Im kinda nervous because idk what it is.

Have your dad look at it again, or have him hold the bun while you take a good look. Use a comb to gently untangle any messy fur. If there is a lump, then the bun should really be seen by a vet. Rabbits are prone to abscesses, which are infections that tend to form lumps under the skin. These have to be treated by a vet.

It would be a good idea to have a vet check her even if you find that the "lump" was just matted fur. She is awfully young to be away from her mother, and sometimes that will cause them to get sick. Most bunnies turn out ok even if they are weaned young, but it is a good precaution.

A vet visit could be stressful though. Why don't you carefully use a comb & if there IS a mat that's difficult to remove, gently cut it out. Then in a couple weeks, schedule a vet visit.

Back