Lump on lip?? it just came up today D:

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabelle00

Reaction score
Dusky was digging/foraging through the ground and a few hours later there's a lump on his left lip under his nose. Feels some what like what a callous would feel like... :(
The skin looks reddish and irritated too.

Sorry about the bad photos he was kicking me. He had lightly sprained his leg on Thursday and I've been to the vet for pain meds and it was much better today. It's probably gone back to being pretty bad now ;.;

Is there anything I can do till I get to the vet? (Its 12 am here) Maybe a warm water wash?? I've got some saline solution on hand.

20140324_235354.jpg

20140324_235554.jpg

20140324_235821.jpg

I don't have any experience with lumps on buns and I really can't make out anything from the pics. Silly bun should not have been kicking when you're just trying to help. I wouldn't think that rinsing with some water would hurt and it may help if he got something on his lip that irritated it.

Could be a bug bite? Red and irritated is usually a sign. Give it a few hours to a day and if no improvements take him to the vet.

One of my buns got stung by a bee on her bottom. She swelled up pretty bad but I applied a bit of warm salt water and it went down pretty fast after that, her bumble was back to normal within the hour. She didn't show any worrying signs, she was eating, pooping, and ect. If it's a bite you can apply salvon (Don't know if it's international or just AU) bite and burn cream. Although where it is I probably wouldn't use any kind of creams just warm salty water.

It's afternoon now and although the redness is not there the lump still is. I washed with warm water yesterday and today some warm salt water. His poops are normal as well as his behaviour.

He really hates it when I hold him for medicines and check ups -_- I'll see if I can get some good pics.
Also will try some chamomile tea as that worked really well with a mouth sore he once had :) just have to find it now.

Ooh! The warm salt water brought it down somewhat he's also got a herb salt lick now as he's always trying to lick or eat salt like stuff :? just incase he uses it...

Still a bit pinker than the other side but definitely better :) Yay!

I would say it was a bite or sting then! Just keep doing that and it should be good. Salt is a natural disinfectant so that's why it works so well. I use it for everything and if it doesn't work I use betadine and if all else fails or it gets worse I go to the vet.

I hope it's goes soon.

I would say it was a bite or sting then! Just keep doing that and it should be good. Salt is a natural disinfectant so that's why it works so well. I use it for everything and if it doesn't work I use betadine and if all else fails or it gets worse I go to the vet.

I hope it's goes soon.

Okay will do. :) Thanks!
It had gone down and I touched it a bit to check for the lump but then it came up again after sometime :s maybe I shouldn't touch it till it goes completely.

Possibly irritated it. Even if it goes away I would keep an eye on it and if you find it comes back within a few days/weeks/months I would see a vet.

If it's not infected or causing problems, I'd file it away til the next time at the vet. Serena has gotten what looks like a pimple on her ear a couple times and once on her eyelid. It took awhile but they went away with no other problems caused.

Latest posts

Back