Lump beneath bunny's ribcage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kada

Reaction score
Sometimes I can feel a lump the size of a thumb and it's oval shaped. It's on the left side and partly beneath his ribcage so I'm not sure how big it is but I'm guessing it's the size of a thumb. Sometimes it's really hard, then softer and sometimes I can't feel it at all.

I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but I'm scared it's something serious. I'm also wondering if it's just his stomach and I can feel it when his stomach is full? Because I don't think a growth or something just disappears suddenly and comes back..

He's completely normal and eats and poops normally. He loves to binky and run around. Sometimes when I try to touch his stomach he tenses up a little bit. That might be because he just doesn't like his stomach being touched but I'm not sure. I tried to get my mum to take him to the vet with me but she won't because he's acting normal..

I also noticed a hard lump the size of a pea. It's located where the jaw and the ear connects. It's hard to explain but it doesn't move and it's hard. I touched it and it doesn't seem to be hurting.

So sorry this message is so long, thank you to anyone who can help! I posted about this same thing a few months ago but nobody answered so I'm hoping someone knows what this is about.

That's right about where their stomach is - sometimes it can feel like a hard lump when the rabbit just ate or drank a bunch, especially if the rabbit has softer flesh condition so there isn't much muscle covering its abdomen. Personally, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

With the lump around the jaw and the ear - does the rabbit have it on both sides of the head?

That's right about where their stomach is - sometimes it can feel like a hard lump when the rabbit just ate or drank a bunch, especially if the rabbit has softer flesh condition so there isn't much muscle covering its abdomen. Personally, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

With the lump around the jaw and the ear - does the rabbit have it on both sides of the head?

I feel so relieved about the stomach thing! I've tried to search about it but no one seemed to have the same problem as me.

And no, it's only on the right side of his head. That's why I'm worried and I'm hoping it's nothing serious. I'm not sure what abscesses feel like so I have no idea if it's that or even something cancerous..

I've had a rabbit get an abscess right there before. I would take it to the vet if I were you, so that they can try to see what it is.

I've had a rabbit get an abscess right there before. I would take it to the vet if I were you, so that they can try to see what it is.

Okay, I'll try to convince my mom to take him to the vet..

Latest posts

Back