Lucy's Licks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saudade

Reaction score
[align=center]
Banner.jpg

[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=left]Welcome to Lucy's Licks of '09, my attempt at starting a blog after being bullied by the other forum members. So a little about us then!

The Owner:
n594291133_765892_7688.jpg

Most of you on the forums already know me, my name is Dave, I'm 18 years old and live in Australia. I'm 6'3 with blue eyes and a scraggly beard, I love rabbits and have always had animals my entire life. I grew up on a semi-farm with two horses, a german shepherd and a single sheep.
After leaving our property we kept the dog but had to give all our other animals away, almost a year ago Lucy came in to my care and keeping, since then she's pulled me out of a deep deep depression and changed my life forever.

IMGP0616.jpg

The Real Owner (The Rabbit):
Lucy is a purebred dutch, she has near perfect markings except around her mouth. I fell in love with her from the first moment I saw her, she was the quietest and calmest of all of her brothers and sisters but still the most inquisitive. I love her with all my heart and without her I don't know what I would do.

I will try to chronicle the interesting parts of our lives here, but chances are there won't be much. Though there will be lots and lots and lots of pictures so be warned.
[/align]

Lucy is such a sweetie :blushan:

Pets have a big impact on our lives. I'm glad you guys have found each other.

Saudade wrote:
[align=left]
n594291133_765892_7688.jpg

[/align]
Hey Australian dude! Or Kangaroo man as my sis calls youu :p
Finally you've started a blog!!!

:D

Wooooo!!!
Lucy is really really gorgeous - I will be expecting lots of pictures in this blog!

Byee dudee :coolness:

x

I loooooooooooooove Lucy! :D I think Dutch markings are so elegant. Of course, my favorite dog is a Boston Terrier, so I may be a bit biased on the markings. Can't wait to read about her adventures here! Don't forget to share your Bun-Can link in your blog somewhere, too.

[align=center]Update!

Lucy's Licks!
17/06/09
[/align][align=left]Listening to: The World Ends With You - Soundtrack
Eating: Popcorn
Watching: Freddie vs. Jason
Playing:
The World Ends With You
Quote of the day:
Dance like no one is watching, but close the shades just in case someone is.
[/align]

Bored all day, spent it studying for maths. I've discovered a new game to play with Lucy though, Mum has a beautiful red rose and whenever a petal falls off of it I give it to Lucy. She loves these petals so much that she'll do almost anything to get them. I play a game with her by twirling he petal around her nose as she tries to eat it. She manages to get a bite or two in but can't eat the whole thing. She'll chase the petal around until she gets a good hold of it and then I let her eat the whole thing.
I've changed most of her feedings to be out of my hands, she doesn't mind and will quite happily crawl out of the cage to eat from my hands.

My camera is lent out to a friend, so while my camera is away, I will just have to use my massive reserve of pictures.

These are some of the photos of my first few weeks with lucy. It includes her brother 'Caramel' who was a peanut who lived for almost four months.

Lucy at rest in her temporary cage. She'd overturned her food bowl and declared it as hers.
IMGP0127.jpg

Lucy wrapped up in her towel and about to explore the front verandah.
IMGP0145.jpg

Exploring! We've all come to associate this pose with lucy.
IMGP0158.jpg

Lucy discovering her beautiful reflection for the first time.
IMGP0164.jpg

Lucy and her younger brother out in the twilight exploring a small run.
IMGP0170.jpg

Here are just a few of my favourite pictures of Lucy.

IMGP0001.jpg

IMGP0091.jpg

IMGP0092.jpg

IMGP0093.jpg

IMGP0095.jpg

Here is Lucy's younger brother, he passed on around December.
IMGP0094.jpg

IMGP0097.jpg

And here's my favourite of the two, a beautiful size comparison.
IMGP0100.jpg

I think Minda meant Bun cam Dave :p

I've said this before and I'll say it again
LUCY IS BEAUTIFUL!
I love her so much!!
More pictures? You said your supply was huge so I demand more!
:p

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[align=center]Update!

Lucy's Licks!
20/06/09
[/align][align=left]Listening to: Jea (Some crazy Japanese Gabba Techno)
Eating: Chicken Nuggets
Watching: Dollhouse
Playing:
The World Ends With You
Quote of the day:

I want you so much
I want to shout
from the rooftops
but then you might hear me
and start closing your
curtains at night.
- asofterworld: 239
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]So I've been neglecting Lucy for the last couple of weeks and I feel really bad, we haven't been spending much time together. Plus she's been spending a lot of time in her cage due to the bad weather, this should mean that I've been playing with her more often, but my school seems determined to screw me over.[/align][align=left]I've been watching heaps of Dollhouse and it's a really great series, though it's not surprising considering it's made by Joss Whedon. I would suggest it to people who want to start feeling all existential...[/align][align=left]
Anyway without further ado, here are some pictures of Lucy, picked out by my friend Spring.[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Lucy Relaxing in the sun.
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0566.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0564.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0549.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0524.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0523.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0515.jpg

[/align]

[align=center]Update!

Lucy's Licks!
22/06/09
[/align][align=left]Listening to: Misery Business - Paramore
Eating: Steak!
Watching: Dollhouse
Playing: Left 4 Dead
Quote of the day:
Coffee! Oh sweet nectar of the gods, every sip is like a lightning bolt from heaven! Without you my life would be dull, the days a blur! Your names abound, Ambrosia, Manna, Caramelatte![/align][align=left] - Me![/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Not much to really update today, Lucy has been inside for the last week or so, I'm cleaning out lucy's cage tomorow morning when I get a chance.[/align][align=left]So without further ado some more pictures of Lucy these were picked today by SilverBirchRabbitry. I really am so lazy that I can't be bothered picking them myself. To quote a famous rabbit! 'Aren't I a stinker!'
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0606.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0586.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0386.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0347.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0271.jpg
[/align][align=left]
IMGP0632.jpg