lucy is knocking her water bowl all over tips please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucylocket

Reaction score
hi all

lucy uses a water bowl and when i changed her cage tonight all her hay was saoaking wet

then i discovered why

when she gets in a tizzy she will shove her water bowl out of the way

any help would be good

varna xxxx

Is it a heavy crock? I would imagine that acrock would be hard to tip over. (I don't know for sure because my bunsuse a bottle). I also think that KW Cages sells bowls that fasten tothe side of a cage.

That little stinker sure likes to get you goin,doesn't she??? Miss Queen of Everything must make her presence known.What a spoiled little Princess you've got there, Dearest Varna.

A ceramic bowl, as bunnydude was eluding to, will make it much harder for her to tip.

Otherwise, you can do as Buck taught me. Get a metal water/feed bowl -it'll have screws so that you can attach it to the cage. Take a bit ofduct tape and go once around the top of the metal bowl with it, andthen put it in the metal ring holder. The rabbits won't be able to pullit up out of the metal ring it sits in.

You can stop that nonsense right away, Dear Heart. That little buggersure makes noise when she wants to get attention. :wink:

A water bottle is another option.

Keep us posted on your Trouble Bubble and give her a kiss from me.

:kiss:

Love to you and yours, Varna,
-Carolyn

I solved the flying crock problems by taking a small C-clamp and a thin

piece of wood and attaching it to the side of the cage. Just put the wood

on the outside of the cage so the clamp has something to brace against

and clamp the bowl in place.

The other option is EZ crocks. They are attached to the cage and are

easily removed for cleaning. They cost about $5-$6 dollars and are

really nice. I switched everybody to them.

Roger L

Hi Varna ,

I use the EZ Crocks toofor the ones here who refuse awater bottle , they work greatand the Rabbits dont seem tochew on them as they do othertypes , Im not sure if the plastic isless chewable because of density or if itdoesnt taste as good as lighter weight plastics ,:disgust:I have tried the metal ones that just clipover the bars , but that wasnt one of my betterplans , they come off rathereasily and nothing worse than a rabbitrunning up and down a 5 ft cagedemanding it be refilled for the 5 thtime , Needless to say those kidney shapedwater dishes sit in a boxcollecting dust .

Carolyn , Buck and Roger havegreat Ideas , you can try all of themand see which Queen Lucy likes the best .

Huggs to you and Lucy .

Sunny's water dish is now a toy.

It was pretty lightweight plastic and she would pick it up and throw itover and over. So, I bought a ceramic bowl and gave her the (empty)plastic one for play.

Since my bunnies are outside in the winter, Ican't use crocks but I used to have the same issue as you do. I use aplastic bowl (meant for cats) that has a rounded top. I have had themtipped maybe 3 times in the last 2 years even though the boys try withall their might.

Not to mention that I use crocks in the summer but they are still notheavy enough, the boys manage to drag them all over and spill them.

Carolyn is right.
Those bowls that screw onto the wire and the duck tape will solve your problem.
My French Lops were driving me crazy. They are big and could throwceramic crocks around like they were bowling :D. Water everywhere!!
I switched and try as they might they cannot get these bowls loose.

I did glue the tiles on top of Pebblesstool, to keep her from moving the stool, and theprevent the tiles from falling down. ButI don't have a problem with Pebbles intossing her dishes, but if she did I would glue them tothe paving stones to weight them down.You can see her water dish in the back of the picture.:D

Rainbows! :D

I have always used the drinking bottles with theball bearing in the spout and not had any problems.I find rabbits are usually too boisterous to have a bowl as they justkick it over or get hay in it. Just make sure you clean thebottle and spout everyday so nothing gets stuck in it.

One of my rabbits won't drink out of a bowl because she alwaysaccidently gets her nose in it when she bends over and I don't thinkshe likes getting a wet nose

Latest posts

Back