lucy has had an accident

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hi there

i forgot to tell u people that in actually a wheelchair user

lucy got under my wheel about 1 hr ago and all i heard was ayelp

i phoned the vet who came out straight away as she wasshaking and i thought it wasshockthe vet

gave her an injection for shock and pain and has taken her in for observation

i am getting her back at 5.00pm

will keep u all posted

We will all be keeping little Lucy in our thoughts!!!! Please let us know how she's doing.

Pam

Sorry to hear thatLucy had a mishap. Hope everything turns out well. Let us know how itgoes!

Raspberry

i get lucy back at 5.00pm

will keep u all posted

i am going to invest in an indoor playpen

whats your views on these

as i cant keep an eye on where she is all the time

I think an indoor playpen would be a great idea, that way you know where she is and that shes safe!!!

acidents do happen, heres hoping she is okay and will be good as new in no time

I HAVE JUST SPOKE TO THE VETS AND LUCY SEEMS FINE

THANK GOODNESS SHESNOT IN ANY DANGER

IM DEFINATELY GOING TO INVEST IN A PLAYPEN FOR HER AS I THINK SHE HAS BEEN HAVING TO MUCH FREEDOM

BUT I DONT WANT TO RESTRICT HER IN ANY WAY

BY THE WAY SHES A HOUSE BUNNY

BY THE WAY MY NAME IS

varnaIM ENGLISH JUST WITH A GERMAN NAME

Dear addeytrix,

It's so wonderful that Lucy,your bunny, is doing so well. I have to agree with Fergi. It was theright way to go to call the vet immeditaley as soon as you heard ayelp! I would be so terrified if that happened to Emmy!
Having aindoor playpen is a terrifc idea! I think I may do the same aswell..building an indoor play pen for Emmy. I havethesewire-likefences that my dad bought for a project of his..butI don't really think it's safe for Emmy. The edges DO seem pretty sharp!
Please keep us posted about Lucy!

<3 Katy & Emmy.

I wonder, if you prefer to let Lucy run free, ifone could not attach some sheet aluminium to the chair, front and back,to act like a "cow catcher" used to function on steam locomotives inthe American West? Sort of like a "plow" or "scoop" to pushLucy out of harm's way if she gets too close to the wheel(s).

Buck

Thank Goodness she is ok!

I think indoor playpens are great! As long as they have roomto run and toys to play with, it's much safer for somerabbits. I actually have built one before for my bunny (usingNIC CUBES) but they have some nice fold up ones that would work justfine.

If you have times when someone is there to help watch, then you could let her out free also.

Glad to hear that Lucy's okay, addeytrix.

I'm sure you were quite shaken up.

I can say that not being in a wheelchair, I have a hard time catchingup with my rabbits. That's why I had chosen to use a water gun when Iwas training them because there's no way I could catch them to get themout of trouble. The minute I'd sit down, they'd be right back to thespot I just chased them from.

I have to limit my rabbits accessible areas in order to ensure theirsafety and my piece of mind. I don't like it when they're out of sightbecause if they're not resting, they're getting into something theyshouldn't be.

I do agree with you that a pen would be a logical and helpful way tokeep that little Lucy from harms way. I use a baby gate and block areasthat they shouldn't get into. As far as when they go near the plants orelectrical wires, that's when they get a squirt from the watergun. Itusually always catches their attention.

I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work. Sounds like Lucy loves you so much that she just has to be near you. What a doll.

-Carolyn

A watergun or water spray bottle is a valuabletool in training rabbits, I think. All we have to do now is shake thebottle if we see them going towards a place they're not supposed to andthey stop dead in their tracks.

Of course, half the time they sneak and think we can't see them. Sofunny to watch Abby crawling on her belly, one eye on me, trying tosneak by. We have a spot that goes behind our love seat that is blockedoff, but she tries to get at it still.

Latest posts

Back