LOVES to be groomed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunny_lover

Reaction score
My huge rabbit Summer, gets groomed as often aspossible. This includes brushing, combing, etc. He's a year and a halfpart meat rabbit, that I got from a breeder. This big guy has a strangepersonality, and I was wondering if anyone else has a bunny out there alittle like mine. You see, when I got him, I didn't know much aboutrabbits. So, I did some research, and read alot about them. I gotsummer at about 1 month old, and I never knew he would grow that big.That big bunny got very dirty...So, it was bath time for him. UsuallySummer dosen't like people all that much unless your brushing him. But,he seemed to like his bath...while he was wet. But as soon as he wasall dry, he was back to his old cranky self. :) Dose anyone elses bunnyact like that?

Mel

Welcome to the boards bunny_lover!

What a big beautiful bunny you have! I have never given mybunny a bath so I dunno how she would act she would prolly not be veryhappy with me :p

She does like to be brushed tho!

Marie

mambo101 wrote:
Please post some bigger photos of that big bunny!!!
I second that! He's so cute!

I love photos!

Welcome to the forum, Mel!

Brindle loves to take showers. She's easy enough to get in and getclean. We put towels in the tub and all around the sidessoshe won't slip around or hurt herself running into the sides. Whenshower time is over, we start the "chase-the-wet-bunnie" game. I don'tknow if she is just really good at it or if it's because we're alllaughing so hard, but it take us a while to get her out of the tub.Then it's time for drying!! This is her next favorite thing. She lovesthe blow dryer. We put it on low/cool and she walks right up, sticksher face out, and closes her eyes. She'll stay like this for as long aswe want to cater to her wishes. Then it's off to sunggle with a newblankie and some treats.
bindle%20flop1.jpg

I never gave my bunny a bath, he washes himself all the time anyway. I am not sure if he would like it.
I think shedding time is over now for bunnies and his fur is just so nice and soft.

JimD wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Mel!

Brindle loves to take showers. She's easy enough to get in and getclean. We put towels in the tub and all around the sidessoshe won't slip around or hurt herself running into the sides. Whenshower time is over, we start the "chase-the-wet-bunnie" game. I don'tknow if she is just really good at it or if it's because we're alllaughing so hard, but it take us a while to get her out of the tub.Then it's time for drying!! This is her next favorite thing. She lovesthe blow dryer. We put it on low/cool and she walks right up, sticksher face out, and closes her eyes. She'll stay like this for as long aswe want to cater to her wishes. Then it's off to sunggle with a newblankie and some treats.
bindle%20flop1.jpg
OHhhhhhhh look at that cute nose!!!!!

bunny_lover wrote:
LOL

ok, here you go! Summer in all his glory!
He is quite the looker! Love those ears!

I can't imagine having to bathe Bo and he's only a couple of pounds.....

Welcome to the board!;)

I tried giving my bunnies a bath, but their attitudes and the jumping out of the tub didn't make me want to do it again.

Lissa

Sumemr is about 10-15 pounds...(I'm guessingcloser to 15) Now that the baby bunnies are born and I kept one, hegets pretty jelous. It's quite funny. Here, I'll show you all a fewpictures of my baby bunny Savannah. Born: Sept. 7th, 2004. :D

Thank you. She has her moms colors, but her dad'sfacial looks. Quite a pretty little bunny. :) Here is her at only a fewdays... (Oh, and thats my mom holding her. Not me)

Precious - Absolutely precious.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Warmest Welcome to the forum,bunny_lover!

-Carolyn

bunny_lover wrote:
Thank you all for the wonderful greetings!

PS: How do you edit your profile? :D thanks
Just click on my account up at the top of your screen, once there youwill see a bunch of "tabs" one says profile, click this one to up-dateyour profile.

Fergi's mom

P.S. Welcome to the forum :DSummer is a beautiful bunny as well, wish my bun enjoyed grooming as much as Summer does!

Back