Love Nips?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteviesMom

Reaction score
I have had my 2 month old Holland Lop rabbit for about 3 weeks now. She really seems to be doing great and is settling well into her new surroundings. We have really been bonding well, she loves to be petted and will eat rolled oats out of my hands :) The other day she even climbed into my lap.

Here is my concern, tonight after a gave her a couple oats to nibble on she kept hopping around like usual, all around the room then around me. I was petting her on and off while working on my homework. She came up to me and was sniffing my leg for a bit when she nipped me. It didn't draw blood or anything and didn't seem aggressive, but why did she do that? She did a couple more times after that too!

I would like to know what that means and how can I get her to stop?

Thanks!!

and here is a picture of her on her leash for good measure ;)
photo8-2.jpg

Maybe to get your attention or maybe she was trying to groom you. Just tell her No.

I've been nipped by every one of my bunnies. They have times when they wish to be handled or groomed. They need to know the word "No".

I don't believe there was any malice in that nip. Because a nip is way different than a bite. A bite is fear. A nip could be several different things. Just try to get across to her that, that is not acceptable. She will respond quickly. Just be consistent.

K:)

Penelope nipped me a while ago but I have figured out it is when she doesn't get what she wants (not hard or anything just a "I am not getting what I want Woman and you should be paying attention" nip) A simple gentle no always works and then putting her back in her cage works very well.

Latest posts

Back