lounging.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
She doesn't like to lounge. She just sits.What does lounging mean?

Is this o.k that she doesn't like to?

Also, When I take her inside,after a while, she starts to tryto dig. Usually I take her back out when this happens.

Is this o.k?

RABBIT#1 wrote:
She doesn't like to lounge. She just sits.What does lounging mean?

Is this o.k that she doesn't like to?

Also, When I take her inside,after a while, she starts to tryto dig. Usually I take her back out when this happens.

Is this o.k?
Generally, 'lounging' means to hang out very casuallly...you know, laidback on the sofa with feet up on the table, arms sprawled...or whateverposition feels most comfortable (for humans, not bunnies). Withrabbits, lounging could look something like this:

annalazingSmall.jpg

Many rabbits do seem to stay in a sitting position rather than goinginto an all-out lounge (the ultimate lounging position has to be thisone...the 'dead bunny flop'):

soundasleep2.jpg

Usually - at least, from what I've seen in rabbits - a bunnyin the sitting position is semi-relaxed, but always ready to run ifthere is a perceived (or real) threat that appears. Some rabbits mayjust be more nervous than others, always on the alert. If there are alot of distractions, other animals that the rabbits aren't used to,lots of noise, or if a rabbit is new to a household and hasn't fulllysettled in, then they would be less inclined to fully relax. You coulddo a quick mental check to see if there is anything around that couldpotentially cause your bunny to be scared, and you might want to checkand make sure everything is alright healthwise (eating, peeing, poopingnormally). If your rabbit lives outdoors, do a doublecheck to make sureno predators could be in the area of the hutch whenever you're notthere. If everything appears to be alright in all areas, then Iwouldn't worry about it too much. Just ensure that your rabbit ishealthy, protected from predators and things that could frighten her(and many things can frighten a rabbit).

Digging and chewing are both natural behaviors for a rabbit. There's noway to really prevent it from happening; the best bet is to bunny-proofwhatever area you introduce your rabbit to when she is indoors....keepwires and cables out of her reach, if she is in a room with carpeting,wallpaper, or other potentially chewable areas, then make sure she issupervised. And you could try introducing her to various toys todistract her, if she doesn't already have some. Many rabbits love totear apart used telephone books (as Raph demonstrates in the 'deadbunny flop' photo), if you have one you could give her that to workupon (just be prepared to pick up a lot of shredded paper afterwards).

That's about all I can think of to offer right now...

Thanks. I am pretty sure that she is happy.

Thanks again.

I have seen her do it before. how come she doesn't do it anymore?

Yes she is outside.Maybe youre right, but I have seen her do it when she sees and hears me.

Latest posts

Back