Lots of Cecal Uneaten

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

housetb

Reaction score
Our newest brat to the family, Babs, has something odd going on. We got her roughly a month ago, and according to the shop she was just 6-8 weeks old. She has since grown and is developing nicely. The other day, I noticed that there were some cecal in her cage that were uneaten. I didn't think anything of it and just left them there. The next day I noticed there were more of them, and they were considerably darker than all her other fecal (which I have never seen with hers before nor our other rabbit). I just looked in her cage today and some of them seem to be gone, but there are still quite a few in there...

Should I be alarmed about this or is this completely normal. I was more concerned that they were darker because I know that buns are smart and will go back to eat the cecal when they need it. ;) Thanks for the help!

Just keep an eye out Try to encourage her to eat as much hay as possible-up the fiber. YOu might try mixing two different kinds of hay for her to take more interest in it. That solved it for my buns in the past. (;

If they don't get eaten as they are produced, we clean them out. Some of ours eat them immediately and we never see any around, while others leave a bunch all over. Everyone is healthy and happy, so we don't worry about it.

Latest posts

Back