Losing my job...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumpers_Mom

Reaction score
Well, with the mortgage crisis that has been looming, there is a good chance that I will be losing my job. The word is that we might be taken over by another company and jobs will be lost. However, they say that they are understaffed in the position that I hold so we might be "saved." Thing is, I don't want to be saved!!!

We went through lay offs a couple of months ago and the company set a retention plan in place to keep the rest of us here. If we are let go through reasons other than our own doing, we would be getting a pretty nice severance package which will make my life A LOT easier since I am planning on moving to Fl. in the beginning of August!

So you may not hear this often but...I WANT TO BE LAYED OFF!!!!:nod :yahoo:

I know things are in God's hands but a little prayer won't hurt. :wink

Anybody here facing the impact of our global economy?

I love severance packages! The year before last, my bank was acquired and they announced that there would be layoffs. I didn't wait to find out if I was going to go - I immediately started looking for another one.

The final day that they could offer to keep me was December 31st and on December 20th I was offered a job at another company for $5,000 more than I was making before. I was so hoping that my current company wouldn't make me an offer before the 31st so I would get my sizable severance (which included 6 months of health insurance for me and hubby at no cost). They didn't offer and I got a great new job and a fat severance package!

Good luck with getting laid off! Where in Florida are you moving to?

Thx Ladies! I sure need all of the good luck vibes I can get.

It is a double edged sword because I will have to get a new job and that is scary. Especially since I am looking for a house before I get down there so 6 months pay and health insurance coverage would sure be GREAT and alleviate a lot of worries that I have.

Slavetoabunny, I'll be in the West Palm Beach/Wellington area! I can't wait. My boys are super excited and I know that all of my furry babies will be sooo much happier for it.

What part of FL are you in?

I sure will be traveling down I-95! Maybe we can meet up?:biggrin2: Thumper and Peaches have done the drive there once before with me and were soo great! They travel well.

Hubby just isn't making the money or getting the hours he used to. He's in heavy construction... and the loss of salary along with the increase of cost is killing us.

I'm actually thinking of going back to work full time..... I don't want to. :X

:pray: that all works out for you.

Bo, I'm sorry that things are hard right now. I'll keep you and your in prayer, as well. I don't think there are many that aren't feeling some sort of effect from the economic issues right now, but the construction industry is really hurting. Wishing you the best!

Thx P&WMom!

Bo, I am so sorry that your family is going through this. This really is a scary time we are living in. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.:hug:

Hope everything works out and you make the best of it.

Construction is very busy here and we have a shortage of workers. Gas and oil does have an impact though.

Jackie, I SO understand where you're coming from! I posted a while ago about possibly being made redundant (or being laid off as you guys call it over there), and how it would be a good thing... and I am! It's good for me because I have been on long term sick leave for a year now with no prospect of going back and my company have treated me like dirt and bullied me the whole time so now I get to be rid of them with a nice big payout that will pay my bills for a good while yet too! :D (Plus get us a little holiday somewhere lol...)

Here's to hoping you get what you want too! We all deserve a little good luck every now and then! :)

And Bo, I'm sorry you guys are having such a hard time.:hug: We're struggling too with the cost of food and petrol, luckily our petrol 'strike' is over now but last week people were panic buying petrol left right and centre, meaning the people who really needed it couldn't always get hold of it. The price of food has gone up SO much- a simple bag of pasta is triple the price we paid for it a year ago, let alone everything else! :shock:

Thanks everyone :)

We're cutting back where we can. Right now I have a rental car because the truck is being fixed where that nutjob hit me. It's a 2008 Ford Escape with 800 miles on it. It's great for gas this week, but it's making me want a new car LOL! I love it!

We also need another car cause I am driving the truck which is supposed to be for my son to use.

Moving to a farm is looking further and further away :(

Indiana is building all sorts of roads and stuff but the work isn't going to my hubby's company so they aren't working as much. Election years tend to be hard. At least he has work and he's getting some hours... we just count on the overtime in the summer which just isn't there!

I keep hoping the excavators and trenchers and stuff break down! LOL! That's what he fixes!

I got fired from a job a bunch of years back, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

The market really stinks right now; my mom is trying to sell her house to move in with us, it's been a year. She brought the house down $100K and people are still getting turned down for mortgages. It's tough.

Good luck and here's to a bright future!

Latest posts

Back