Losing hair on forehead

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ortissa

Reaction score
I have a Dutch/Dwarf mix. He currently has runny eyes which stems from his dental disease.

Besides that, I've noticed for the past few days, he's been shedding a lot of hair- particularly on his forehead. Today, I've noticed a significant sort of dent in his fur. It's pointless to try taking a picture because it won't capture the evident thinning of his fur, both visually and physically. It's not extensive, but it's definitely noticeable. Especially when his fur gets in my face when I cuddle with him.

Does this warrant a call to the vet? I can't exactly afford it at the moment, as he will probably have to have his teeth trimmed every month for the rest of his days. In addition, he'll need x-rays to check his teeth growth.

Anyway, I'll probably see the vet within several weeks. Would it be wise to wait and see? Does anyone have any ideas on the probable cause of this? I'm scared!

Thanks in advance!

I just had a lot of dental work done on my holland lop; I think that bad teeth can affect other organ systems. My lop has had a lot of skin problems since his teeth extractions.Infections of the mouth can affect both sinuses and surrounding areas.

Bad teeth can also affect drainaige of the tear ducts.
if you plan on seeing the vet soon I would think that these problems could be interrelated .
no need to see the vet right now if you plan to go within a few weeks
keep us updated/....

Latest posts

Back