Lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bunny has particularly large ears and the past few days they began folding at the tops..could he be part lop? Or what does this meanView attachment 8358
--adorable,,-the ears serve as heat disapators,-like your car radiator,--they can control their ear direction-forward,back,sideways,--even up and down,,--I once had two mini-lops who liked having their ears up,and a Havana who liked his ears down--I guess what ever works best..--sincerely james waller-:hearts::dutch:energizerbunny::nicethread:bunny16

Lop ears go downward at the base of the ears, they don't curl over at the tips like that. I've seen this happen before in big-eared bunnies though, it might be heat or stress that's causing that to happen, but I don't think it's anything serious. They should go back to normal before long.

I don't know anything about this but that is the cutest picture!

How old is he? They could be lopping, depending on how old he is. My baby lops will have ears exactly like that before they flop. It is most likely just stress, heat, etc. though. This isn't a good picture but it give you an example of what baby lops look like before their ears flop. They really look exactly like your's, but this is a bad picture.

1393295113252.jpg

Soooo adorable! Love the little face and the big ears. :)

Latest posts

Back