Loosing Chunks of Fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*nepo*

Reaction score
Nepo's loosing chunks offur. I don't know if his ripping them out I only noticed themyesterday. I'm not really worried because he is acting fine :). I knowhe isn't pregnant because he hasn't been with another bunny and I'mprettysure he's a buck. I know it isn't a false pregnancyeither because he isn't gathering hay. The only 2 changes he has hadare: 1.I gave him celery yesterday and today, but I havegiven him celery before and nothing like this has happened. 2. Icleaned his cage floor with a clorox wipe and then again with a damppaper towel, but I don't think this has anything to do with the loosingof hair chunks. So my only conclusion is the weather. :)

Could he be moulting? My Mini rex seemed to loose hair in small chunks when they were moulting.

Lanna

he could be having his jr. molt. Howold is he again? (I know I've asked you that before)...... has he everhad a HUGE molt where a LOT of hair fell out and he had "crop circles?"

He is around 10 months :). Ialso thought he was having a molt. More like a huge molt. He has neverhad the ' huge' molt. Only jr ones where I find, little chunks of hairin his cage.

When they reach a mature age, they loose their"baby" fur and really molt bad! It's called their jr. molt tosenior molt.

Bo had his already and let me tell you, he was nearly NAKED! lol.

He looked like someone took crop circles out of his back to form afigure 8 for about 4 or 5 days, then....... I brushed him really wellwith a zoom groom and he looked like someone took the sheep shears tohim from his hips to his neck! (he had a reverse and wide mohawk!!!)

Back