Loose stooles/diarrhea?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vek555

Reaction score
American Lop (I think) - 3 months old, sometimes his poops are not in pellets but are all squished together and wet. Why is this? I'm still feeding him alfalfa pellets because thats what I heard they should eat when they're younger (then move to timoth based pellets when older). He also gets fresh timothy hay and water treated with Vitamin drops. Why is his poop like this? Is it an infection? And the weird thing is sometimes he poops normally (individual drier compact round balls)

Ohhhh duhh haha now i feel stupid. For some reason I thought the cecals were supposed to look the same as the feces but it makes sense that they'd be wet like that cuz they're not fully digested. Is it a problem that he's not eating them right away? Also, how do I make him produces cecal matter only in his litterbox?

I've never seen any of Honey's cecals; she eats them from her butt, so where she is at the time isn't an issue.

What's in the vitamin drops? They probably aren't needed.

Just all the vitamins like A especially. And yeah I thought you aren't supposed to see the cecals very much... is it problematic that hes pooping cecal matter and not eating it?

Young bunnies sometimes have other things on their mind than eating cecals. Also, it can come from too rich a diet they arne't needing hte extra vitamins so much. Keep an eye, probably in time as he gets older, it won't be an issue.

I'd cut out the vitamins; the pellets should supply them.

I don't think the cecals are a problem for him, except if he got lethargic or skinny. More a problem for you in terms of worrying & having to clean them up.

Latest posts

Back