Looking to buy a good cage in Canada

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwhigam

Reaction score
Hello!

I want to get a decent cage, not one of those Super Pet cages, but something like this:

http://www.leithpetwerks.com/indexpage.cfm?category=1

I wanted to order from this site but since it is from the US, customs will charge me 40%! On a $400 cage that is $160!!! PURE INSANITY!

I was wondering if anyone has an online store that is located in Canada that can make or get cages like this, or custom made?

The only alternative I have is to drive to the US and pick it up, I'm NOT giving the Canadian government that ridiculous amount of money!

yea the gov is a riper offer lol. I'd suggest making it. it looks pretty easy, just need prolly a few 2x4's and plywood and some sort of wire like chicken wire or just use nic grids. home depot or home hardware should have all the supplies, unless you opt for nic for the caging, in which case the cheapest solution i find for Canada is Walmart. plus if you do it yourself it'll give you a project lol

Have you thought of making a cage yourself? The C&C or NIC (grids used to make bookshelves that you assemble yourself) are so much cheaper and you can make the size you want - I got a small cage and within the first two weeks I thought he looked so pitiful in there and made one - mines now 2 grids x4 grids by 3 grids high (so 28"x56"x42" - cost about $100.00 (I got a pack of 23 grids for $30 at home depot - you can get more than one box and you can make the size/shape you want with a minimum of materials & work (good weekend project)

Back