Looking to adopt in Toronto Ontario

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I adopted my bun from the Toronto HumaneSociety. You can log onto their website and see the bunniesthey have available for adoption - and they spay all their animalsbefore adopting them out.

Good luck.

Would a spayed female and an unaltered male make a good match?

I'm trying to decide whether or notIshould neuter my Boo Boo first, and then adopt an unaltered female,or,adopt a spayed female and leave Boo Boo unaltered.

I wouldn't mind spaying Boo Boo, but if it wouldnot be a problem to pair him up with a fixed female, then I could adoptsooner than later. I'm worried that if I choose to leave Boo Boounaltered, and instead adopt a fixed female, that BooBoomight annoy her when he's in heat. Any advice on thiswould be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Warm regards,

Boo Boo's personal Assistant

I would worry that an intact boy would keeppestering the girl. Rabbits don't go into "heat."They're induced ovulators so they are always ready to mate, even withinhours of giving birth! So males are constantly ready to matetoo.

I would say neuter Boo Boo and then adopt a spayed female.Bonding works much better when both rabbits are spayed/neutered.

Latest posts

Back