looking for vets in the Keweenaw (in the upper peninsula of michigan)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inthekeweenaw

Reaction score
Hello there. I'm new to these forums; they were the most active that I found. I looked at your list of vets in michigan but did not find any near me: houghton, mi -
[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=houghton+michigan+49931&ie=UTF8&z=11[/ame]

I'm in the north west corner of the UP of Michigan - closer to IL and WI than to the lower peninsula. Does anyone know of, or know how to find a good rabbit doctor in the area? Mostly, we'd just like to take Oi in for a checkup, but it will be good to have a number to call in case of emergency.

I've seen a few mentions of a 'screening list' of questions to ask a vet to see if they are experienced enough with rabbits. The House Rabbit Society site won't come up for me , so if any of you have such a list of screening questions I'd greatly appreciate a post of it. Our first bunny years ago was accidentally killed by medicine from the vet because the vet was treating her like a cat. We're very nervous about bringing Oi to anyone who does not know exactly how to treat him.

THanks in advance!

Back