looking for English Angora

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budgirl9

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am having a hard time locating a english Angora breeder in my area, I live in Windsor Ontario Canada. I do not want to travel to the united states because it is just to hard to bring them across the border. I don't want to travel past London Ontario. Rabbit show don't seem to happen in this area which is a shame because I would love to go to one. so if anyone hears of somebody who has English Angoras for sale please let me know.
thank you:)

You can try to see if they are any breeders going your way after the ARBA convention. It is next month and many breeders travel to it. Most offer transport there or back for a small fee. If you can find someone and can find one for sale, it is a good opportunity to get a rabbit you would not normally be able to get.
It is really not that hard to bring rabbits across the border. There really are no rules about it. It is good to have the pedigree for the rabbit to help prove ownership, but no paperwork is required. From what I have heard, delays are mostly because border agents don't see rabbits too often and are curious about them. If you are only going with 1 rabbit, just say it is your pet.

It can be hard to find certain breeds. Either there are few breeders or the breeders are not local to you. Angora breeders tend to be more protective and may require you to go to their place so they can meet you. Most people don't know how to care for an angora and that leads to the rabbits who suffer from severally matted coats. This means that breeders tend to be more picky about who gets their rabbit, especially when it comes to pets and they tend to cost more. If you really want one, you may need to be willing to travel further.

Try looking at breeder club websites. Most have a member list and list what breeds they have along with contact info. If you can't find an english angora breeder, you can contact the club president and ask if they know of anyone as there can be breeders who are not club members or don't want their info public.

Latest posts

Back