Looking for a cage with a low budget :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BabyBailey

Reaction score
Hey everyone!I'm looking for a cage big enough for a medium sized holland lop that wont cost too much money. My boyfriend & I live in a small studio so it can't be too much of a clunker either. I tried looking for the NIC squares but i cant find them. Right now we have a small pen that he sleeps in and let him run around the rest of the day as long as we're home. I'm in central cali. and if anyone in the area, or in the US for that matter, knew where I could pick-up a nice cage and not cost a lot or the parts to make one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

What kind of places have you checked for the grids? A Cali member might be able to help you, but I think you'll be able to find them!

I'm pretty sure target has them, and the Wal-Mart's around here do. Sometimes they go by different names, and are in the shelving section.

With a fleece, table cloth, and NIC panels you can easily make a 3x4 cage for under $40, and decorate it with the fleece on the bottom to make it match your decor, but have your floors protected with the table cloth.

Oh wow. Thanks everyone! I'm going to go look at target tomorrow. I was asking employees at home depot and sears and target about them but they all thought I was just crazy. lol.

You can also look on Craigslist--there are a lot of pretty good cages on there here.

i bought my grids at target and they were down with all the bathroom stuff where they also sell the portable closets and things like that. the first time i went i walked all over target looking in the office supplies etc.....check in the bathroom dept. also craigslist is awesome. you can get a huge dogpen for as cheap as 20 bucks. and i found that when i got the coroplast for the bottom of the nic cage people were asking like 40 bucks for a small sheet of it. i finally found a place that sold me a sheet for 6.....after i told him it was for a rabbit cage...lol....but there's other options too if you can't get the coroplast.

Latest posts

Back