Look at my Easter Present

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petkeeper

Reaction score
Okay I know you are not supposed to buy kids rabbits for Easter, because the novelty wears off....but what about yourself?? Well I did! I don't know if any of you guys remember last year at this time I had gotten a lionhead lop (Leolop) from a breeder and he passed away. Well she felt so bad and refunded me my full amount and told me if she ever had a bunny ready to go and she was going to be my way she would replace him. Well as it worked out she did this weekend today on Easter!! I was so excited. So here I am to present my newest baby Kadbury. He was born on February 11, 2008 and is a BEW holland Lop!

Kadbury27feb2008.jpg

kadbury001837X558.jpg

kadbury003837X558.jpg

kadbury015837X558.jpg

Sorry the pictures are a little grainy they are from the breeder and she said she was having trouble with her camera... I will take new pictures tomorrow. I have had these pics and wanted to share for days but didn't want to jinx it til I actually had him especially have leolop!

Thanks for letting me share my happy news. Hopefully Mini and Rex will be just as happy as I am!! lol

Shannon

What a cutie :biggrin2:! Congrats on your "Easter Bunny". At least we know of one bunny fell into the "basket" of a responsible owner this year :).

Excuse me, but I do believe that our easter baskets have gotten mixed up on the way to our homes. I think it would be best if we switched immediately.

:D

Awww, how cute is Kadbury? What a gorgeous boy! How's he handling being with you and away from his mommy? He seems a little young to be away from her, aren't they supposed to be 8 weeks old and he's 1 day shy of 6 weeks old.

I brought Marlin home at 6 weeks old and he is/was just fine :). It's always good to leave them with at least their same sex brothers/sisters until 8 weeks, but some times they separate themselves sooner.

He is doing awesome...he is the most curious bunny!! I also got bunny kisses tonight... I had him on the couch with me and he thought the dog was a toy which is usually the other way around because my dogs think the bunnies are their own personal pez dispensers!! He would go hopping off exploring then come back and nudge my hand then he kissed/groomed it! I am smitten!!

Montana...no I think I got the right Easter basket...yours was just defective and I suggest you take it to the nearest breeder and demand a proper basket filling!! lol

I would have brought a brother home for him...but there were no more...all his brothers and sisters sold!! lol The breeder I got him from just had a litter of lionhead lops though so he may get a brother!! lol I want to keep the option open incase Rex and Mini don't bond with him then he will have a buddy too!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Awww, how cute is Kadbury? What a gorgeous boy! How's he handling being with you and away from his mommy? He seems a little young to be away from her, aren't they supposed to be 8 weeks old and he's 1 day shy of 6 weeks old.
He is an adorable little guy - such a sweetie - only three days older than the litter in my living room and I just went and looked at them and tried to picture them in another home....yikes!

As a breeder, I feel like six weeks is too young to let them go to another home alone. Has it been done successfully before? Yes. Is it recommended by most of the responsible breeders I know? No. When I find out breeders will let their babies go that young - I don't deal with them. Sorry - but I think there is a good reason why many states have laws that prohibit selling babies under the age of 8 weeks.

However, you're an experienced bunny parent and I'm sure the breeder gave you the same food and stuff and told you what to watch out for (like not to give greens if the mama didn't eat greens, etc).

I have to admit - I am possibly taking two of my Valentine's babies to another home next Saturday....at the age of 6 weeks and 2 days. But I say "possibly" as I'm going to watch them to decide if I feel like they're mature enough. Right now - at 5 weeks and 3 days...no way. They still need their mama and she's not starting to wean them yet herself.

Congrats on your baby - he is a darling - an ABSOLUTE darling!

Peg

Oh

my

gosh...

:faint:

That baby boy is so darling, petkeeper!!

KADBURY...you're supposed to save some cuteness for the rest of the bunnies in this world...but looks like you kept it all for yourself! Hehe...

What a cutie pie, Hun....*sigh*

Hi Peg he is doing fine and yes the breeder was sure they were eating and drinking on their own and she is 2 hours from and in constant contact. She told me if i have any problems to get ahold of her. She also said about greens and to watch for soft poops and all...but I already knew that. I used to breed holland lops too so I know what to watch for. I also waited til 8 weeks to rehome my buns...but one litter I did home at 6 was plenty ready they didn't have much to do with their mom. I think it is the siblings they miss more than the mom at that point...but he has not had time to miss his siblings...my youngest daughter has been with him every second except sleeping!!

What an adorable little one.....Kadbury is the cutest guy I've seen in a long time.....and Rosie's right, all that cuteness in one bunny is just not fair....what about all of those cuties yet to come....I guess there's always room for one more! Congrats on a terrific addition to your family.....

Oh my goodness, I can't think of a more wonderful Easter present for you (or me for that matter) lol

Absolutely precious.....:inlove:

Latest posts

Back