Long Island (NY) Rabbit Show - April 4th

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueGiants

Reaction score
The Long Island Rabbit Breeders (New York) are holding their annual DOUBLE show this Saturday at the Old Bethpage Restoration. Looks like we are going to have a lot of rabbits... with 100+ Flemish Giants! Should be fun!

Just wondering if anyone else was coming! (Showing or Bunny watching!)

It was a double show, got to show our rabbits twice in one day! We had 142 Flemish entered in each Show! (Those poor, tired judges! That's a LOT of heavy rabbits to lift!) A total of 701 rabbits (all breeds) entered. The show went really well, even though we were short a judge. Bad weather the night before prevented a judge from flying in...:( (I did manage to take Best Blue in BOTH shows with my Junior Boy, Nebula! And there were a lot of blues there! YEAH!!!!)

Our Show hall:
DSC00828.jpg

Our Raffle Room (to raise money for the club):
DSC00835.jpg

Brian Sawchuck judging Satins:
DSC00838.jpg

White Satin
DSC00839.jpg

Very pretty Broken!
DSC00842.jpg

Tiny Chocolate Polish:
DSC00845.jpg

Bob Shaftoe judging Flemish:
DSC00825.jpg

Waiting their turn for show!
DSC00827.jpg

Judges pick, so far:
DSC00826.jpg

Frank Del Mastro judges Angoras:
DSC00830.jpg

Blowing into the fiber:
DSC00829.jpg

Paul Jurgolonis judging Youth:
DSC00831.jpg

Beautiful Blue English Lop (owned by Lionheadlady's daughter!):
DSC00833.jpg

Edited to give proper credit to the owner of this beautiful rabbit!

I love the English Lop - and the show facility looked like a nice place to hold a show.

Congratulations on Nebula's win,

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
I love the English Lop - and the show facility looked like a nice place to hold a show.

Congratulations on Nebula's win,

Denise

Not really a win... just a best of Variety... but I'm happy with it! The competition within the blues was stiff. But I was thrilled to see so many being shown!

We almost lost the show hall! The local county was going to close the facility for lack of funds... but it was saved at the last minute! It really is a lovely place, in the middle of an 1850's Restoration. (We had folks dressed in period clothes and even "Civil War" militiamen walking around...) LOL!

The English Lop is soo prettyy! :)

Looks like you had a fun show and Congrats on the wins! :)

You guys must go to lots of shows?

We only go to at least 1 a month, sometimes 2. Our next show is a 3-day event, Spring Youth Fair. I'm excited for that. :)

Emily

BlueGiants wrote:
We had 142 Flemish entered in each Show!
142 Flemish! :faint:

I haven't seen a Flemish entered in our shows yet. :( Howevera breederdid bring a youngFlemish for me to see.

Thanks for the pictures. It's nice to see different shows from other places.
I met Bob Shaftoe at our August show in 2007.

qxtg5l.jpg

Yup! That's Mr. Shaftoe! He's been judging rabbits (between Europe, Canada and the USA) for 50 years... I'd say he's had a lot of practice...
He used to raise Flemish, and is respected by a lot of the Flemish breeders for his expertise. But he does all the breeds...

(He is from Canada!)

Kathy It was awesome to see you again!

Thanks soooooo much for posting my daughters Blue elop up there! We still can not believe he took home best 6 class!! The week before in Fulton, NY show B he got Best reserve in show! He has some "Big Ears" to live up too =)

We had a blast at the show! This was our favorite show we have ever been too! It was run so well & organized!!!!!! My husband said that he loved it too & he usually has something to say about every show being in a lousy place, not on time etc... everything here went off so perfectly! Everyone that ran this show should get a pat on the back!!!

Thanks everyone for saying Jacques the blue elop is a cutie! He is my daughters. She has 2 nice bucks. Now for a nice doe to follow... Were having a hard time finding a nice doe!

We willbe at Rhinebeck next weekend & can not wait! I hope Jacques can pull off a 3rd one LOL But were more than happy with how he has done! Bob Shaftoe gave him the BRIS in Fulton & Frank Del Mastro gave him the best 6 class win this past weekend.

THanks again for an awesome show!!!

Soooooo whos going to Rhinebeck?

Ohhhh 1 last note... I was writing for Frank Del Mastro... The show was so cool they put on a raffle for any of the writers... Well I won!!! I got an awesome DVD Player! How cool is that??? Again awesome show!!! It will be hard for any other show to measure up to this one! Well run & totally awesome!!!!!!!!

(ok did I just date myself & sound like a valley girl from the 80's? LOL)

LOL! He is a beautiful rabbit! I was so thrilled he did so well. And I'm glad you had such a good time. It's not easy running a show (especially a DOUBLE show!)and keeping everything going smoothly. We were short a judge due to the bad weather the night before. But all the judges just pitched in and picked up the slack. Great bunch of people.

Did you see the Raffle Room? Wow! Nice things in there. Everybody worked real hard to make it a success.

We already have a Directors Meeting set up to start planning next years show! Any suggestions to improve things? (Yeah, make sure all the judges can get there? LOL!)

We loved the show! Do as you did this time & next time will be great as well! It was well organized & ran so smooth! The only bummer if I had to pick anything was the bathrooms... But I know they are working on that. (you had to take a shuttle to use the bathroom) The bathrooms were clean!!! The hall it was in was so nice & tables supplied so the buns did not have to be on the floor is awesome! I really would not change a thing. My hubby is the pickiest person on the face of the earth & has had something to say about every show... but this show he had nothing but good things to say. He talked to the 1 guy running it who commented on us being from NJ... Hubby told him this was a great show, run so well & on time & that we WILL BE BACK!

I will bring more people with us next time! I will bring other kids that show with my daughter & 3 of our friends who told us to check it out! We gave this show an:

A+

:blushan: I'll relay your comments to the rest of the Board. They will be very pleased. Thank you!

:(We are waiting patiently for the County to add on a bathroom to the hall. We set up the portable one for whom ever wants to use it and supply the bus for everyone else. (It will save us a lot of money if they get a proper bathroom installed right there!) But it's nice to take the ride up there and warm up! LOL!

Back