Lonely rabbit** new companion** Bunny depression**

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettierthanu12

Reaction score
As most of u know i lostmy rabbit recently and now i am stuck with a depressed bun. he wont eatbannanas (their fave) or celery or even a radish. i am interested ingetting anothergirl bunnyto be his companion but ihave somequestions.

should i try to get the same breed of rabbit asdaisy?should i keep them seperated until my new bunny bondsto me? should i go for an older rabbit or a baby?

also this bunny (cuddles) isnt friendly at all.Hereally is my stepsisters rabbit but she hardly comes overand never wanted to hold himor take care of him.heused to be very agressive before we had him fixed. There were countlesstimes i would get a hard bite on the collarbone when i would try tohold him so i stopped. he isnt very friendly towards people.Whenever i come outside to put him back in his cage he thumps and runsaway. he is alsoin an outdoor hutch (although i would looooveto bring him inside) so i dont get to see him as much as i want .

i was wondering if anyone knew some ways to help me andhim bond before i get another bunny. andi reallywant to bring my rabbits inside but my mom says no b/c "theystink and my bunny chewed all the wood on the porch" if anyone couldhelp me make a good list of reasons to bring my bunnies inside i wouldbe very grateful

thank u all very much for your prayers and help** :)

try just sitting very quietly with Cuddles whilehe hops around an enclosure. Make sure there are plenty ofpositive reinforcers around (food, toys, etc). Don't forceanything too soon. Just let him get used to having youaround. I am trying to get my new bun, Amelia used to humancomfort. WE're lucky because it has only taken about 2 weeksfor her to finally feel comfortable having us pet her. Butmake sure you have lots of patience and time to just sit.Another thing you could do while you're sitting with him is to readoutloud. I did that with Emmit when I first got him so hecould get used to my voice, and now I'm doing it with Amelia.They both seem to really like it.

I hope this helps :)

-Carrie

I prefer an adult rabbit you dont have to gothrough the teenage stage and you alreadyknow the personalityno surprises later,besides less people want an adult rabbit so youcould be rescuing a bunny.i dont think it matters what breed.I woulddefinietly keep it seperated for some time till it bonded with me.Alsobe aware that some bondings do not work no matter how hard youtry.bluebird

Back