Lola

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haleyxoxo

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know its been a while. I decided its time for an update on miss lola. (still guessing miss)

So she's still cute as a button. She is kind of litter trained. She poops mostly in the pan but still there are little poops everywhere but I'm sure that will change with time. I feed her hay and pellets. And I gave up on the leaky bottle and keep water in a little dish. She seems to be drinking it and I just make sure it stays filled up.

Although I am a little concerned. She still seems to be quite shy and a little nervous when we walk by her cage or if my husband stands next to it she goes and hides. We haven't been mean to her or anything. Is this normal? Is she still just trying to get used to us and her somewhat new home. I will sit by her cage with the door open and as long as I sit still she is okay and she'll eat and play a little. I got her out twice and she like hopping around the living room but she still seemed scared of me. I really hope our relationship will get better. If you have any Bunny bonding tips feel free to note them here. :)

Also I thought it was time for pictures. I'm sorry but the pictures will be huge I forgot to resize them

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

I'm not sure. She is a mixed breed. The person I got her from said the dad was mini-rex but they weren't sure what the mom was.

She's so cute!

I wouldn't worry too much about her skittish behavior - plenty of bunnies are just naturally skittish. I think sitting with her quietly, especially while giving her some treats out of your hand (if she'll take them) will help. It will just take a lot of time and patience. The library has good resources of techniques to try.

Also, bunnies' personalities can change a bit as they age, get speutered, etc. Sometimes buns are skittish while young but mellow with age. Bonding with some buns is a lifelong project, but you learn to really celebrate the little things :)

OMG! Lola is just so cute!

Lola looks like a Lionhead Rabbit and she is Solid Tortishell in color in case you wanted to know ;)She looks like such a happy and healthy bunny!

I was thinking that too. Her Dad was a mini-rex and her mom must have been Lionhead because the lady said she looks more like her mom. I love it when she's just sitting because it makes her look like a big fuzz ball.

haleyxoxo wrote:
I was thinking that too. Her Dad was a mini-rex and her mom must have been Lionhead because the lady said she looks more like her mom. I love it when she's just sitting because it makes her look like a big fuzz ball.
Yeah she looks all Lionhead to me. As she gets older her wool should come in thicker making her look more like a lion. She is a cutie pie.

Well to be honest I want to scoop her up too, but she would freak out.

If I could even find a groomer I would def take her. I'm sure when I move to TN there will be one in Knoxville that I will take her too.

haleyxoxo wrote:
Well to be honest I want to scoop her up too, but she would freak out.

If I could even find a groomer I would def take her. I'm sure when I move to TN there will be one in Knoxville that I will take her too.

Oh I was meaning you could groom her yourself, with the right kind of brush for bunnies (look around on the forum and you will find discuss about brushes).

maybe taking her to a groomer is an option too, I don't know about that. I just know bunnies, especially with longer fur, are meant to be groomed pretty often. or at least have some assistance in getting rid of the stray hairs. I actually find my hand works best... I'm sure other people can provide more expertise on the topic though!

and again, she really is a gorgeous looking bunny! Just be patient with her :)

Latest posts

Back