Livingston

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarGlider

Reaction score
I was wondering what angles of pictures I can take of Livvie to get some idea how he's going to do as a show bunny?

Is he the Flemish? From the other photos you posted, he looks like he's got very nice type.Some of the Flemish have small bone and don't make senior weight, so that can be a concern.

A good side photo and also one of behind with him properly posed would be helpful. From the other photos, it looks like he may lack some fullness over the hindquarters (a common fault in the Flemish).

Pam

He is a Flemish (sorry I didn't add that) and he's 7 months old.

Ok I got a couple, let me know if they are ok, I can get more when someone gets home if needed.

(His front legs might be a little to far forward)
DSC01553.jpg

(I had to hold him for this one)
DSC01556.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate your time to answer.

Very nice rabbit! I have no doubt that you'll do well showing him. You are correct that his front feet are just slightly too far forward (should be even with the eyes),but you've done a wonderful job posing him.

Personally, I like to see a more graceful, blended sweep through the shoulders, midsection and hindquarters rather than an abrupt break after the shoulders. (The fact that his front feet are a little far forward may be contributing to the appearance of weakness in the shoulders).

He does look like he lacks some fullness in the hindquarters.

Here's a link to a photo of a really nice blue that I like pictured on the NFFGRB site:http://www.nffgrb.com/images/Caracciolo-BlueDoe.jpg

Pam - ARBA Judge :cool:

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Portage show? I'll be judging at that showand doing the Creme specialty show as well.

You'll have to stop over at my table and say "hi" -- I've got short,very blonde hair and lots of earrings. Remind me that you're from the RO forum and have the Sugar Gliders.

Pam :sunshine:

Yeah the show in Randolph!! How funny,I had no idea you did this area. I'll definately stop and say hi... I'll be the one will too many tattoos and a miserable looking husband in tow, lmao.

I'm actually only a little over an hour away from Randolph - maybe we'll even bring a few rabbits to show!

Pam

We'll have all three of our bunnies.The kids are showing youth with their dutch and I'll be showing Livingston in open.

My breeder told me we don't need to have our ARBA membership the first couple of shows, is that true?

Latest posts

Back