living together...now not potty trained. o.O

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiah

Reaction score
:shock:...ok, so we've been slowly introducing our two buns, Raeka and Mufasa, to each other over the last week or so and everything's been going perfectly - no fighting and lots of mutual grooming, love, etc. yay, happy.

so, 2 days ago we put them in the same cage together and they now seem like a happy couple. yay, happy.

HOWEVER, there's been a slight change in behavior. they both have begun pooping far more often outside the litter box and urinating outside of it as well. what is up with that?? :grumpy: they were both litter trained (with the acception of an odd poop here or there on the cage floor) while living seperately, so both of them should know better.

any ideas on what's causing this, if it will go away and how we should deal with it?

Kaiah:grumpy:

This happened to me too, and I'm still dealing with a bit of it from my girl Poppy.

I think it might be part getting used to each other's scents always being there, so they feel they still need to mark their territory. It subsided a bit with my guys, and has gotten a lot better!

With my guys, I added another litterbox in the place that was most commonly marked and that helped. With any pee messes outside, wipe them up with a paper towel and put it in the litterbox, then clean the spot with vinegar, it works really well!It mainly just took time getting used to the new living arrangement though!

Latest posts

Back