Living next to train tracks

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spidgee

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a new member to this site, and I adopted a bunny back in March. He's a wonderful bunny and is super calm, so I wanted to take him with me to college as I moved into a house this year.

The only problem that I didn't realize until I just got here is that we are right next to the train tracks. I wanted to take my bunny with me to college since I would be here more than home for a good portion of the year and I was worried about him being lonely with just my parents, since they can't spend a lot of time with him during the week.

Now that I'm actually here with him and have heard how loud the trains can be when passing, I'm worried about if this is a good idea or not. It was a long drive for him (12-ish hours), and he did very well with it (started to explore his new area and ate when we got here!), so I don't know if it would be super stressful for him to move again back home.

I just don't know which way is healthier for him, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the train situation. I would love to have him stay with me for his social needs, but I also don't want to harm him by keeping him here.

Honestly, I think he will soon get used to it. As long as he has somewhere to retreat to if he feels scared he will soon learn it's nothing to be scared of.
As you say I think it may be more stressful to move him back home again as its such a long drive 😊

yep I agree with Mileybun. Buns will generally get used to a loud noise after time, especially if it is made on a regular basis. Deffinately give him a hidey hole, where he can dash if it scares him, after a time it will not bother him.

Back