LIVE AID- OFF TOPIC

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep Robbie is the best but i also like R.E.M.,Coldplay and U2. I have been txting to win ticckets. I carnt wait it isan event important to many people, if we could cancel their debt theycould spend their money on medicine rarther than on the debt which iswhats happening now. More comments, to hear your views as an avidsupporter would be appreciated. The music maybe for fun the theunderlying issue is REAL!

MAKE POVERTY HISTORY!

:groupparty: :USA::England::Australia::Canada::pray:

Personally I'm already getting tired oflistening to Bob Geldoff and some of the so called "artists" (I'm stillamazed we continue to call drug induced rock stars "artists') rippingon the USA for not giving more to the starving folks in Africa. Ournations government and our people through private donations spends moremoney on hunger that any other on the planet. Much of the help that issupposed to go to the actual starving people is stolen by their corruptgovernments. If you want to have a benefit concert to help people goright ahead. But don't try to make me feel guilty Mr. Geldoff. I'd behappy to trade paychecks with you sir.

Rant over.

I'll definately be checking the concerts out online, wish I could be there in person :(

Have y'all checked out One. If not, then go there, sign the petition, pass the word on.

I'm going to a poverty stricken African country next month. It's goingto be challenging, and heartbreaking. It's hard to believe that we'redoing "enough" for our fellow human beings, when you see theirsituation up close.

I couldn't pick just one as a favorite...I lovemany of the artists mentioned in the poll for their unique sounds.Robbie Williams - absolutely love his music; and Paul McCartney- he's da bomb! ;)U2 and Coldplay are also two of my favoritegroups (I just managed to get tickets to see Coldplay in Montreal thisAugust...took me over 40 minutes on Internet/phone to get them, and 3/4of the seats were sold out by the time I got through).

The Live Aid concerts...the promotion on it here has been kinda scantso far. I don't know if they are doing a performance in Ottawa or not;I think they might be setting up something. I heard they're doing onein Washington, D.C. (would love to go down there for that!). Asfar as the politics of the entire event, I can't say I get involved...Ijust know that it does raise a lot of money for an excellent cause. :)

mambo all theyre trying to do is raiseawareness, and the artists are top class, maybe only to the taste ofthe younger people but never the less quality.

And as for them all taking drugs, so! Robbie Willaims was an alcoholicand a drug addict and i applaud him for comming through it all, itsbraver to quit that keep drinking and/or taking drugs.

ALL WE ARE TRYING TO DO IS STOP INOCENT PEOPLE FROM DYING, YES THECONCERCT IS A BIT RANDOM BUT ITS TO RAISE AWARENESS YOU HAVE TOREALISE JUST HOW BAD THESE PEOPLE NEED OUR HELP, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TODIE JUST BECAUSE YOU COULDNT AFFORD AN INJECTION THAT WOULD SAVE YOURLIFE! THINK ABOUT IT!

AND AS FOR bOBS PAYCHECK WHO CARES? HE HAD A SUCESSFULL MUSIC CAREERAND HAS CHILDREN FROM HIS BEAUTIFUL SADLY DEPARTED WIFE, HE HAS NOT HADIT EASY, JUST LIKE ANY OF US, HE JUST WENT AFTER HIS DREAM.

MAKE POVERTY HISTORY, IS TRYING TO SAVE LIVES AND RAISE AWARENESS:D

PLEASE NOTE: this was not written to cause offence just pointout a few facts and open people eyes, by the time i have finishedwriting this at least three people in Africa have died (taken from thestats)

To carrots and others:

Please me aware I am not against trying to eliminate hunger. I am justagainst the music business elite telling me that my government is notdoing enough to eliminate hunger. Believe me, I worked the musicbusiness for 12 years and most of these folks aren't boy scouts.Are they 100 % sure that all moneys donated will actually gothe cause at hand? I've had missionaries from my own church tell methat after they go there and teach the African people how to farm theirown crops the government there would come and destroy their crops orsteal the food the people in the villagesgrew for themselves.You canignore the political aspect of it all you want but ifthe donations are not going strait to the cause, then I would verycareful.

here's a nice point....how about all themusicians involved in this cause donate a few million.....they throwtantrums that the govt and the rest of the US does not do enough well,how about they give up a few of their $400,000 cars and do somethingabout it....whining and complaining doesnt get anything done....oh yeahand money doesnt fix everything....in fact...money makes thingsworse...greed is a very serious evil

It's not about the money (the UK one atleast)tickets are won my texting a number which costs 1.50 that goes to thestage, secutiry etc. The whole event is about getting the people at theG8 summit in Edinburgh to make descisions that would help Africa,aboloshing debt. Yes there are people who steal money but weareNOT going to give money just quash the debt which theyowe, policing they will have to sort out, once the debt is quashed moremoney can be spend on medicine, police, houseing. This is political,not about money. DEBT TO BE QUASHED, thats what we want, if and whenthats happens then we can look deeper into the more political issuessurrounding Africa after the debt is quashed. I'm affraid the opinionof America is they only look after themselves, they give orders toother countries, why? who made them chief? I love America and itspeople but disagree with its politics and its overbearing control.

NOT ABOUT MONEY BUT POLITICAL CHANGE- QUASH DEBT

England have never given money to Africa, yes we make money donationsbut that buys medicine etc, which is sent over to their country. Wehave a charity called comic relief, we raise millions each year but themoney just isnt sent to Africa, it is used to buy medicine, bricks,sand,etc (to build houses, schools, toilets etc)andthe goods taken over.

People are stealing because they do not have food, clothes etc of theirown, once the debt is quashed there no longer will be a need to pay ofdebts therefor more money is released. Yes some people will keepstealing but its up to Africa as well as help from others to put astrong policeing unit in force.

I have researched endlessley into this and although onlyyoung i have contacts, some of them which are seen in the media and iknow how much it means. By no means was i trying to say you didnt care,you just dont know the whole facts.

If any of you have questions feel free to leave them but i'm logging of now so i will reply tomorrow.

Best Wishes

Catherine

p.s never meant to offend anyone if i did, its just a passonite subject to me.

Thank You Mamboyou took the words right out ofmy fingers not to mention Bonowith all his millions and new designerline could kick in afew more Dollars himself, Icontribute to multiple charities butnothing that U2 is involved in norSprinsteen or any other of those socalled American Idols who are onlyin it for the Dollars they canput in their own back pockets!
Edit to include this piece ofinformation! Ifanyone wants to help out the povertystricken and devistated WHYNOT start here in the States ?there are many children andadults who thru no fault oftheir own have poverty ,

We sent Millions tohelp the Sunami victimsdid we hear a Thank You? NOwe heard you didnt do enough!gratitude for you .
end of my rant.

ok,ok, i know that celebs will try to get moneyout of this its text book. All in my heart i'm looking for is thecancellation of debt, no matter how much money we give it will takeages to achive that by ourselves, therefor we need the cancellation ofdebt.

I know there is poverty in US and in England, we have people sleepingon the streets in the bitter cold night after night, they beg for moneybut no one stops, ive seen the homeless shivering in the cold, i helpthem them if i can but ultimatly its the goverment who is responsibleto make sure people are safe.

The Tsunami did sent a personal thank you which was aired, yes maybethe US did not get recognision of this but do you really expect it?They have lost lives, homes etc, they are busy rebuilding their lives,of course they thank you.

Latest posts

Back