Little Harvey--Happy at Last

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katherine at sacred stories

Reaction score
Harvey is a very small bunny who had a rough start in life. He was left in the overnight "drop" box of a Florida shelter. He was covered in ant bites. He was in a small cage with urine soaked paper napkins and was eating pine scented air fresheners that had been hung around the cage.

That was then. This is now:

After a dinner of pellets and greens and timothy hay and banana, he was lounging on a thick pad of blankets in the center of his own clean room. I was brushing him, which he likes. Halo (his bonded honey) was grooming his head and face while I brushed his back and sides. He was purring:) His eyes were practically rolling back into his head, he was so blissful. He's a tough little guy who's getting the attention he deserves from his own adoring harem;)

It made me so happy.

Katherine, thank you so much for sharing. Harvey and Halo are so special. There's something extra wonderful about seeing a bunny who had a rough start finally relax into being happy! I think they are extra greatful when they hit the jackpot of a loving home.

:heartbeat::big kiss::heartbeat:

Harvey being happy makes me happy too! What a lucky bun to find you! :hearts

:brownbunny:heartbeat::brownbunny

Thank you, everyone, for appreciating Harvey!!! If he only knew how many people out there were sending him love...that makes me happy, too! I promise I'll work on getting my act together with the digital camera and computer so that I can post some photos of Harvey and Halo.

I love this story! I get the same feeling when bonding with Millie. She was a dumped bun, and I can't imagine why. It seems like the buns that come from misfortune are always the sweetest. I always compare Cheeto and Millie--Cheeto was born in a rescue and I adopted him at 4 months, so he never really experienced hardship. He is a spoiled brat that I love to death, but he is only sweet when he wants to be. Millie was dumped and is just starved for attention; I get licks, chin rubs, cuddles--everything by just sitting on the floor. The best part--now Cheeto is starting to act that way because he sees Millie doing it!

Cute story though, good for you spoiling your bun =)

Larry--just have to tell you: your combination of icons in this post was great:) So joyful! I stole it in another post;)

Today Harvey and Halo are working on a joint project. They're both inside a cardboard box and somehow they're making it move all over the room:)

Back