Littertraining

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malo

Reaction score
I have had Whisper for almost 2 months now andshe has gotten half of her litter training down. She urinates in herlitterbox, but she has a problem defecating in it. I put all the fecesback into her litterbox, but nothing has been working.

Any suggestions?

Mine have been litter trained for about 2months'but they still poop outside the box at times'correct me if i'mwrong but i think it's to do with marking territory:)

I would just keep pressing on and doing what youare doing. That is what I did with Devon, and in the end it worked.Eventually Whisper will get the message.

It sounds like you are doing all the rightthings. Some rabbits just take longer than others. Don't getfrustrated. My late Stephie took about 5 months before she was fullytrained. My new bunny Dante' is 9 weeks old and he is almost perfectwith his pooping already.

Mine are good when they're in their cages, butwhen it's playtime, they poop all over my house! I keepacordless vac handy. "Suck the poop" is a commonphrase around my house and we pass that chore around.

..:..::........

Laura

Mine used to do that, but ever since I put theirhay where they have to be sitting in the litter box to eat it, there'vebeen very few misses. You might try that if you have the capability.

I tried the hay suggestion but HE ended uppeeing outside of his litterbox because he didn't want to pee on thehay. Either that or hes going through puberty since he became a mantoday :shock:

While all of my buns are good with their pees,some of them tend to miss with the poops. I've noticed, at myhouse at lease, that the boys do much better. In fact, noneof my boys miss the box and of my girls, Corky never misses and it'spretty rare with Delilah or Anissa. Daisy, Basil, Lily andAbby are hit and miss with the poops.

Keep doing what you are doing. I still do that for the girls,I'm hoping once I move and they get spayed it will be better.I haven't gotten them spayed yet because my vet is over 2 hrs away andnone of the buns really like the car, so I'm worried about the stressof the long car ride, the surgery and another long car ride.I'm hopefully moving much closer to my vet soon.Aneuter might help you cause.

Jen

I plan on getting him neutered because it ismuch cheaper than a spay. I need to get a job, first. Also, he is onlyfour months old and only one testicle has dropped so far, so I have towait a bit longer anyways

i don't really try to enforce the poops in thelitter cause i know they just squeak out sometimes, and Rue was verygood about keeping it in the cage. but ever since i got Kweli, whopoops everywhere.... Rue has decided that if Kweli can poop anywhere,so can she. i can't seem to stop this, and now i have poop patrolovertime!

Nicole

I notice that males are more cleaner and littertrained better. I know that it is a bit off but when I litter trainedmy guinea pigs. All of my males go in the litter box if I have one inthere or they go in the same one spot all the time. My girls forget it.They are everywhere. lol

SweetPea is great litter training with pee but poops still everywhere.

Nicki was almost completely litter trained untilI switched litter! Now I use Woody Pet-and while she is back to peeingin the box- she's also back to pooping anywhere she feels like. Ugh-not sure if it's puberty or stubborness since I switched.

Latest posts

Back