littertraining a house rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexn2kids

Reaction score
hey all i have had thumper for 2 months he is 8months old and i have only just heard about littler training rabbit soi thought i would ask about it on here!! what sort of littler tray do ibuy and what do i fill it with ie cat litter , hay and paper?? also howdo i get thumper to go in the littler tray please help this is all newto me tc luv becks x

You can get a litter pan for rabbits at a petstore. Do NOT use cat litter or cedar. Look in the smalll animalsection for rabbit safe litter (paper or corn cob). Bunny will mostlikely use the pan if you put hay in it. They like to eat N poop.

I have a couple different litterboxes. Some of them are the larger high-backed litter pansmade for rabbits. The smaller sizes are too small for even mydwarf buns, so your bun probably wouldn't like them either. Ialso have normal cat litter boxes.

You can use newspaper with hay on top, or you can use a safe type oflitter such as wood pellets (Woody Pet, Feline Pine, or other brandnames) or paper-based stuff like Carefresh or Yesterday'sNews. I'm a big fan of wood pellets. Plus, if youcan get to a feed store or farm supply store, you might be able to findbig bags of them for only $5!

Put the litter box in the corner where he likes to go potty.If he uses multiple corners, put a litterbox in each. Put alittle poop and wet litter in the boxes to give him the idea, and puthay in the box or put the hay rack above the litterbox.Rabbits love to eat and poop at the same time.;)

Latest posts

Back