litterbox

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
for the past few days, ive come home and seen thatIvory's been using her food dish (while its still half full) as alitterbox. is this an indication of something? does she not like herfood? or just not realize that she's urinating into the food dish?

I had my bun do this (his a boy).......he waspooping in his food bowl!! So i changed his litter box to where hisfood was only to REALLY confuse him more lol!! I changed it back i nolonger see his "poops" in there but i do see him "marking" his cagewhere his food bowl is and its in a corner not sure how tofix the problem just if i see him starting to "mark"the areai pick him up fast and move him to his box. I dont know if him eatinghis regular "poops" is ok.... i know the grape likelookingones are good for them....i know that theyshouldnt eat soild hay of food(urine stained) i can tell mylil one is going through that "terrible" stage already...he flips hishouse over i have in his cage and is chewing the heck outta the bars ofhis cage when he is put back in there! Lil does he know he is gettingfixed next week...hopefully this will stop his actions lolbuti do love that lil bugger!:)

My bunniesdid thatin theirfood bowl when they were really little. Actually, I can't keep any"container" in their cage big enough for them to hop in or they use itas a littler box. I have tried putting straw baskets andcardboard boxes in there for them to chew on and hide in and they peein them everytime! They have 3 litter boxes in their cage too. (Webuilt them a huge 3 level NIC condo). Go figure! I guess I shouldn'tcomplain...better there than my carpet!

Trick is to provide feed/water bowls that are lowenough to eat from, but too high to poop and pee in. I usetwist lock crocks in some of my cages, that attach to the side of thecage at any level you care to adjust to. In some of my othercages, I use bowls that slip into a ring that is clipped to the side atany level. In my hutches, I use J-Feeders which they cannotclimb into.

Buck

Latest posts

Back