Litterbox for a fluffy bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helena

Reaction score
I want to get Bunster a bigger litter box, but I don't want her to get messy. I was going to use a cat litter box and put my litter box pellets in the bottom with timothy hay on top. I was wonder if since shes a woolly jersy (and super fluffy) if she would either get poo or hay stuck in her fur...... Also will the bunny soil the hay easily? Where in the litter box do you place your hay? I don't like using the racks since its hard for her to get the hay out and the rack spills hay everywhere.

20190525_164052.jpg This is a pic of her about a year or two ago. Image her like that just even more woolly and fluffy. Thanks! :):)

I’m not sure if she’d get stuff in her fur but if it’s cleaned every few days, I don’t think it’d be a problem. I use a cat litter box, filled with a layer of pine pellets and topped with hay. The hay is never wet, strangely.

A cat litter box or a large bin would work perfectly for a litter box. Put a layer of pine pellets on the bottom and then top it off with hay. Add hay every day because she will pack it down and eat it. Adding hay every day will also prevent her from getting poop in her fur. She won't eat the soiled hay. Here is a link with the litter pan set up I use: Litter Training.

Your cat is so pretty! I love her eyes! She almost looks like one of mine (see picture)!

Attachments

• 2020-03-18.jpg
    2020-03-18.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
So it also wouldn't hurt her feet to not have a wire rack over the litter box? Thanks for getting back to me so quickly @Mariam+Theo and @apollo's Slave
You cat is adorable @Mariam+Theo

No, it wouldn't hurt her feet. I wouldn't use a wire rack as I have a rex rabbit who is prone to sore hocks and it could hurt his feet more. A simple cat litterbox with the set-up Mariam+Theo said, would work just great!

Thank you both so much!

Latest posts

Back