Litter Training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertismygod

Reaction score
Hey all,

I finally adopted my first pet Rabbit, actuallly this is my first pet ever. I got him from the SPCA, he's a Netherland Dwarf, and7 Months old. He was neutred today too.

I bought him a wodden hut. So far he made two poops. He ate one, but the other one is still there (been there for a while). Should I place his poop in the litter box, or do they always eat their poop?

I guess it's a stupid question, because isn't the litter box just for urinating?

The litter box is for poop and pee both, but bunnies usually get the hang of peeing in it before they do pooping. So most bunnies will learn to go pee in it well before poop, but it really is meant for both and you can train them to do both. I would say, pick up the poop and put it in the litter box and then put your bunny in the litter box as well. Every time he poops outside it, pick it up and put in the litter box and same goes for the pee, wipe it up with a thin piece of toilet paper and toss it in the litter box too. Keep puttin your bunny in the box as well. Make sure you have hay in there, because bunnies potty while eating.

Hope this helps.

I have a hay rack nearby.

Right now I can't pick him up for a few days, since he's been neutered.

Maybe my setup isn't good though, here's what it looks like.

Maybe I should by a rectangular shaped litter box.

cimg0062p.jpg

Latest posts

Back