Litter training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbaxter

Reaction score
So it`s been nearly 4 wks since Belle joinned us and she had lost most of her abilitly to use the litter tray.I put the main litter tray in and 2 new ones,:biggrin2: these were cheap PAH ones and we had hay everywhere anyway she stopped weeing on the floor and the poops are 75% in the litter tray .She is still weeing on the vet bed /towel under the water bottle,i can`t take the vet bed away or her hocks will get sore again,does anyone have any ideas how i can stop her weeing on it ?:tears2:,really i can deal with poops here and there but the wees need dealing with!

Edited to say they have a large nylon type rug and as far as i can see she does`nt wee on that ? Am so confused

She might be peeing on anything that's absorbant. Can you put something else in her cage that won't absorb the pee? She won't want to pee there if it just leaves a puddle.

Also, has she been seen by a vet? She may have a UTI and not be able to control her peeing.

elrohwen wrote:
She might be peeing on anything that's absorbant. Can you put something else in her cage that won't absorb the pee? She won't want to pee there if it just leaves a puddle.

Also, has she been seen by a vet? She may have a UTI and not be able to control her peeing.
She has seen a vet recently while doing this ,but i may go back re this, cos sometimes she dribbles it and it leaves a trail ? very odd. Cant think of anything that will give her hocks rest but not absorb the pee? she`s peed on quilts, towels, vet bed and a fleecy covered cat bed! she does use the litter try but only about 50%ish,Thanks

I've definitely heard of buns with a UTI dribbling pee as they hop. Seems like it could be a symptom. I would try taking her back to the vet.

Have you tried cardboard? It's less absorbant (though still absorabant). It just doesn't feel like a soft pee absorbing material, which may deter her.

Latest posts

Back