Litter training troubles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelicaT

Reaction score
My rabbit has been cage for most of his life he is 4 years old. I recently got and have been trying to litter train him I followed all the steps from many YouTube videos, but he kepts peeing and pooping every where in his small pen. I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING! Any tips and ideas I would really appreciate any advice.

I pick up all the poops and put them in the litterbox right away.
I also put hay in the litterbox and place his hay feeder near it too. This encourages him to go in the litterbox.
You can clean peed on areas with vinegar and water to help neutralize the smell.
Also if he isn't neutered that might be part of the issue too.

I have done that and his hay is in his litterbox. He is not neutered I will setup a appointment soon.
A friend of mine has a rabbit that is not neutered and is litter trained so I thought I would able to start litter training before he is neutered.

Do you think I should wait till he is neutered to litter train him?

It can improve their litterbox habits. My rabbit did really well at litterbox habits as a young guy until he reached fixing age. Then after I got him neutered he did very good at litterbox habits agian.

Thanks I will definitely get him neutered. I think part of the problem is that since he was in a small cage so long he got use to going everywhere in a small space. Any tips for free roaming a rabbit that used to live in a small cage?

Latest posts

Back