Litter training questions????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackiesmum

Reaction score
Blackie is now about 8 months old. He has beenusing a litter box faithfully for urinating for a few months now. Buthe poops everywhere. Sometimes even in the litter box. My questionsare: do rabbits ever get to where they use the litter box for both? Ifso how long before Blackie gets the hang of this? When I clean up hisaccidents I put the poop in his litter box, is this the right thing todo?

Thanks,

Mary

Rabbits are always going to leave poo outsidetheir litterbox and around their cage. It's a territorialthing. Annoying...but something you just have to livewith. ;)

Hi Blackiesmum,

I have the same problem with Tucker. I use the watergun whenI see him squat and I give him a couple of warnings. If hedoesn't listen, he gets a squirt and then gets in. Somerabbits seem to have less control than others. Cher says herrabbits are like pepper-grinders. The other rabbit's I've satfor and the one that I have are perfectly well-behaved in theirlitterbox training, then you have Tucker. Use thewatergun would be my suggestion. He knows by now that he'ssupposed to go in the litterbox. Giving him a little squirtwill cut your cleaning in half, but you do have to keep a close eye onthe little bugger.

Yes, it is correct to put the poop back in the box if he's done it along side of it.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back