Litter training ideas?!?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDrAbBiTs58041

Reaction score
I just got a doe that I would like to litter train
As she is in a 4x8 cage ( that I'm dividing to put a buck in also)
Problem is, she jumping over the other side ( in closed box)
To do her duty. I'm working on making the divider
Higher so she can't jump over. This is the thing. She's
Tipping the pan over. I can't attach it to anything a the box
Is wood. Wood like to keep it in there. I had her food
Pan in there as well and moved that out to the wire/ open
Area. Any suggestions as to what I should try?

I have put her poop in the pan and we will
See what she does. She hasn't gone in there as
She tips it over like I said. Is there a spray or
Something maybe I can spray so she won't keep
Peeing all over other then in her pan?? She is going
( seems to be) in the same spot. I put the pan therer
And she will move it all over or tip it over.

Any help???

one good thing that worked with my previous bunny was when she wee'd on her newspaper I would take it and place inside the litter tray where the original urination was, she soon got the idea and figured that she had to do her business there.
Hope this helped

Putting poo and urine-soaked material in the litter pan should help, and you can clean up urine that's outside the box with a 50/50 solution of water and vinegar. Spaying helps with litter habits as well, if that's an option for your bun. Keeping hay near the litterbox also helps because they like to eat hay and poop at the same time.

Soaking up pee with a paper towel or newspaper and placing it in the box can help with litter training. Putting hay and placing stray poo in the litter box can also help with training. Increasing the size of the box or amount of litter boxes can help as well. One of my rabbits needed 4 litter boxes until she figured it all out.

Housing two rabbits, especially intact rabbits, next to each other like you plan can cause a loss of litter habits. Living in close proximity they can feel the need to mark more. This is just something to keep in mind for later.

Latest posts

Back