Litter Training Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankz

Reaction score
Pssh. Sunny is so content on angering me.

I've been *trying* to litter train her. She isn't spayed, [but soon will be, soon meaning the next few weeks] andI know that would make this a breeze.

I try and pet her everytime I see her in the litter tray or treat her, but, that's the thing. She's never in it -_-.

Now, she'll pee just fine. But poo is everyyywhere!

Is there anyway to help her? I try and give her a hint by putting her poop in there, but she just ignores it. The only time SHE'LL actually poop in it is if I set her in there while she's eating, so the poop just falls. That's pitiful LOL!

I'd appreciate some help..idk what to do.

Thanks!

She is probably pooing everywhere to mark her territory.

What do you have in the litter tray? Mine love to eat hay and poo, so they get loads of hay in their litter tray.

I would think that following your plan of getting her spayed would be the first step, and patience will be the next.

Honestly I think very few people get their buns litter trained to the point where there are no stray poos. I'm just glad they're so easy to sweep up.
If she likes to poop and eat (which is a natural rabbit behavior), try putting her food where she can only reach it if she's in the box. A lot of people put hay in or above the litter box to encourage that too.

missyscove wrote:
Honestly I think very few people get their buns litter trained to the point where there are no stray poos. I'm just glad they're so easy to sweep up.
If she likes to poop and eat (which is a natural rabbit behavior), try putting her food where she can only reach it if she's in the box. A lot of people put hay in or above the litter box to encourage that too.
OMG! Idk why I never remembered before! I have a tray that fits on the outside bars, and I could place it right above it! -Duh!-:?

Latest posts

Back