litter train

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paMbitz

Reaction score
yo!want to consult u all. bitbit has been pooing in her wire cage(linedwif newspaper) since she was a baby for 4+ yrs already. im thinking ofletting her have the whole hse to herself esp if my dad decides to moveinto a smaller hse so there wont be a garden. but how do i go aboutlitter training her? i doknow the general steps andideabut i think it would be quite a huge change for her. howdo i let her adapt quickly? my whole family luvs bitbit but i dontthink stepping into a pool of urine and sitting on poo will be amusing.

by the way, can rabbits climb staircase? say 20 steps? whee cantimagine wad my mom will sae if she goes into her room and find bitbitsnoring on her pillow. lol. thanks in advance.

bitbitand pam.

that's a burrow she dug and now there's a grassless patch there. 8)

Hi, Pam. I can answer thequestion about rabbits climbing the staircase. They mostdefinitely can. My bunny climbs the stairs from thedownstairs to upstairs (approximately 20 or so) almost everyday. It's not a strain either. He does it at a fastrun. He can also go back down without any problem.

Hope this helps! :)

whoosh haha thx.cant imagine a rabbit going down stairs with their butt in the air. *smack it* ooops.:p

Place piece of urine soaked paper and some poopswithin the litter of the litter box to give her the idea.Place litter box in the corner she usually does her businessin. Older buns usually learn quicker than young buns.

Carolyn's Fauna had never used a litter box prior to our obtainingher. At the age of four and one-half, she learned how to usethe litter box within one day. Not saying that will always bethe case for every older rabbit, but they obviously can learn newtricks, unlike a dog. LOL

By the way, you do not want to use a cat litter that is clay based, asthe bun may eat it and cause her own demise. Nor, do you wantto use cedar shavings, which are suspected of chemically combining withthe urine to manufacture a toxic substance that can cause skin and lungproblems. There are enough alternatives available her to findbetter substitutes. I hope that is the case inSingapore, as well.

Buck

Hi,

What a cutie! I agree with buck on all acounts, rabbits do litter trainquickly even at the older ages, and cedar shavings are a definateNo-No, We learned this the hard way we almost lost our Snuggles tocedar shavings...She's taken a while to get better and still snifflesand sneezes a bit but is much better and we're sure she's going to befine now, but it was touch and go for a couple of weeks.

Hope everything works out well for you.

aww-how cute! well bunniescan definitely climb stairs...i have a huge flight of stairs leading tomy apartment & it takes about 5 seconds for batman to get up ordown them if he really wants to. :)

Not saying that will always be the casefor every older rabbit, but they obviously can learn new tricks, unlikea dog. LOL
hahaha. indeed! is one day a record or wad. *thinking*

whee thx guys. lalala. bitbit can be a stubborn mule attimes. =) but she sure is intelligent. guess she'll get the idea soonenuf wif all the help given here. thx!

btw can someone tell me wad breed bitbit is? totshe's a dwarf bud she seriously doesnt look like one. (nickname ballball because she's fatty) not sure if the firstpic is clearenuf. i'll juz put two morein.thx

Latest posts

Back