Litter Rot?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idreaminglasscolor

Reaction score
Soo... i noticed knit doesn't really clean her butt very well, is this just because she's soooo little? Is there anyway i can help? Her poop are normal rabbit poops, she just doesn't really groom herself, too busy getting into everything maybe...

How old is she? Are these cecotrophs? (night droppings which they normally eat?) or mushy poops? What does she eat? If they have a messy bum, there's a good chance they have an upset tummy from something they're eating.

Ernie had a messy butt for about a week or so, I stopped with veggies and just gave him hay until it cleared up then reintroduced veggies slowly :)

That's very helpful, but we just got her a few days ago, and god knows what kind of food the pet store was feeding them... I'll just keep an eye on it...

if you just got her then the change in food could be the upset tummy culprit. i would think it should clear up shortly once she's less stressed from the move and change in food.

thanks for the advice BertNErnie. chance doesn't clean his bottom either (and no its not cecos) so great to know it could be the veggies upsetting him (he didn't have many veggies at the breeder so they are kinda new for him). i'll take him off the veggies immediately and only give him hay til it clears up. :)

I had to clean Rocky up when he had worms as he got a bit messy. I just used an old cloth that was wet with luke warm water and wiped him clean. If your bun is getting messy i would say that it is diet related, your bunny isn't well because of something else or she is just young and hasnt learned how to keep clean and tidy yet :)

Latest posts

Back