litter question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessa1487

Reaction score
Skippy has a new cage, and I can finally put hislitter box in his cage. Is it ok if I use his cedar bedding (which isbeing used in his litter pan below his cage now.) in the litter box? Oris that a big no no? I plan on getting actual litter again sometime. Ijust haven't had the chance to get it.

Thanks for the information. I did haveyesterdays news, It seemed to work, but Skippy kept eating the pellets!>_< But, I'll have to pick some up sometime, or have Natepick some up.

i second the woody pet suggestion. i only usethat, and i love it. its like 30lbs for 6 bucks!!! last a looong timeand its compleatly safe. not dusty at all (until you get to the verybottom of the bag) but its not the softest

I also use woody pet, it's pretty absorbent. Andits relatively cheap too:). One suggestion, though: a light spritz ofwater seems to cut down on the dust while making it a bit moreabsorbent.

I've been using Woody Pet in Gretchen's litterbox and I really like it. I especially like the fact that Ican dump it in my compost pile when I empty out her litter box.

WOODY PET! WOODY PET!

animated20mouse.gif

You'll find a LOT of Woody Pet loversaround here! :) It really is a GREAT product!

It's economical, it doesn't smell, it'sgreat for composting, the bunnies seem to love it....

I could go on and on, but since there areseveral threads totally dedicated to it, I wont!

Give it a try!

Raspberry

:bow...Wo o dy P et !

Big NO NO on the cedar shavings!!!

Kiln dried Aspen is okay.

Shredded newspaper will do.

I use Woody Pet in the litter pans. In the drop pans under the wire bottom I just use a layer of newspaper.

There are a lot of other products similar to Woody Pet as well....Guardian, Magnum, Kaytee...

~JimD

PS: HI RAZ!!!!!:wave2........

& MAMBO, Too!!:wave:

Back