Litter problem with our boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrCarrots

Reaction score
Our boy is coming into his 10th week (we've had him for 3) and sadly he isnt getting the litter thing down pat. In his cage and in his run, he's fine.

The problem is whenever he gets a little extra freedomto explore he'll behave himself just fine during the supervised outing.. but when he comes back into the run instead ofusing the litter trays he'll pee and poop all over the rugs

then, when dad lets him out the cage after a time out, he'll be all sweetness and binkies.. but will start dropping poos here and there. It's as if giving him a little extra freedom has caused him to act up and decide he's the boss of the place.

What can I do about this? It would be really nice to give him some more running room but not if he keeps 'forgetting' to use the facilites :(

Check out the bunny 101 section, I'll add here in a few for ya.

I would add extra litter boxes where he's doing this. This should help, then if there's an accident, wipe it up w/ a napkin and put that in the pan nearest the accident oif he's out.

Also, he's not that old, so expect some poos and pees here and there for awhile, but he'll get the hang of it. Neutering will help in the future. Also, he's new so he's marking his new territory too. This combo of things will add to the marking of territory. :scared:

Let us know how it's going! :bunnydance: Good Luck w/ it. :D

Here's the link for litter training. What litter are you using by the way?

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12213&forum_id=17

Latest posts

Back