Litter of Rex mix?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnynoses

Reaction score
Hi, some of my baby bunnies in the litter look like rex rabbits, three of them have velvet fur and curly whiskers, the other two are bigger and fluffier with shorter ears.
I rescued the mother and she was already pregnant so I don't know what the father looked like. I have posted in the Rescue section.
It is possible to have two fathers of a litter or I guess some of the bunnies can look like the mom and some like the dad just like dogs and cats.

Here are some pictures. The brown one, the white with lots of black markings and the white with tan markings on ears and the rex looking bunnies and the other two are more like mom.

Tell me what you think.

SAM_2735.jpg

SAM_2737.jpg

SAM_2695.jpg

SAM_2703.jpg

SAM_2700.jpg

That's the cutest age!!! And I love the circle mustache spot on that one in the pic with the curly whiskers! They're all so cute!!!!! I love how they bounce straight up - baby binkies!

Is the mom a Rex? Or is she something else, with the regular fur?

Last edited:
They are pretty cute! I don't have much experience on mini Rex babies but I can see resemblances. It is possible for a doe to get pregnant with two different bucks. And in rabbits the litter variety in size and colors can be big. If I remember correctly any mini Rex babies had to have parents that both carry the Rex fur but I do not know for sure.

The first one is a chestnut agouti (or castor in mini Rex color)
The second is broken black
Third looks like a broken red (it's hard to tell since there isn't a lot of color)
Fourth is a white but not a rew I can't see the color of the eyes but they look brown to me?
The last is a broken blue

The black and white one and the one with the tan on the ears look like they may be Rex--the little curly whiskers are an indicator. They are all so cute, too.

They have curly whiskers, the brown one has curly whiskers too, I am going to take close ups of there faces and post them soon. They look so different than the other two.

I will post a picture of the Mother later on. The mother was outside running loose, they were 5 rabbits and someone let out there male to run wild with them, I never found the others, so don't know what they looked like, maybe a wild rabbit mated with her? But the whiskers would not be curly then?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back